OS win7

Comments

• Vitalik1993
    edited November 2015
    I selected "generic" to on

but, when i restart my computer

it always turn off :unsure:

OS win7

Confirm! All setting for 6TO4 Adapter and some settins for other Adapters reset everytime (see screenshot). I put "Public" for 6TO4, Generic and Stealth Mode is "On" for all Adapters and when I restart the Internet it resets to "Trusted" and Stealth Mode/Generic are "Off" <_<

post-191980-1446653176_thumb.png

• I selected "generic" to on

but, when i restart my computer

it always turn off :unsure:

OS win7

There are two types of IP addresses, Static and Dynamic.

Setting Generic to "On" keeps tells Bitdefender to keep the same IP address, If your router or ISP is using Dynamic Addresses rather than Static ones that may override your settting Generic to "On" so the computer can connect to the Internet. To find out if this is happening

Click Start, in the search Type in cmd. Next Click on the program cmd. This will open the Command Prompt / Windows. The command prompt should open, now in the open line you'll need to Type in ipconfig and Press Enter.

If your not looking for your LOCAL IP address but instead the IP address provided by your ISP to your Cable Modem or FIOS Router, just open your browser and goto: http://whatismyip.org.

Right down your computer's IP addresses. Restart Windows and go through the steps above to see if your IP addresses have changed after restarting Windows. If so, contact your ISP and/or router manufacturer to see if you can keep the same IP address after a Windows restart.

• i am using "public" network type ,too

I think I know what the problem is

• villa4122
    edited November 2015

###### IT!!!!

when i set network type to home/office is getting more worse

"stealth mode" and generic are both off .......

By the way i tried Static Ip but it doesn't work still turn off everytime when i restart my system

• This option resets only when I restart my PC. If I turn it off and turn it on later..everything is good. Very strange...

• rafaelprincipe
    edited December 2015

I am having the same problem, but Windows 10 use

generic - on stealth mode - Off

generic - on stealth mode - on

restart and does not work when I disable the Firewall bitdefender internet back up and running.

• the only way I can get remote desktop to work with defender 2016 is with the network card type to trusted....but it resets back to home after each restart......crap.