Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Free And Windows 10?

Options

I tried BD free on windows 10 x64, and it seemed fully functional. It detected suspicious files, scanned, quarantined, and restored from quarantine.

Is there any reason not to use it on windows 10?

I know it is not officially supported, but I can't see where the conflict lies.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Well, you do know more than those who wrote the code. :rolleyes:

• Sorin G.
    Options

The Bitdefender Antivirus Free has been tested in numerous scenarios and has not passed all the tests for us to claim it's 100% Windows 10 ready.

• rijam
    Options

So would it be safe to use on windows 10. What does it not offer in protection

• Sorin G.
    Options

The product should offer protection but since its not 100% we will not be able to offer support for any incompatibility issues that may arise.

• knuddelz
    edited May 2016
    Options

What does this even mean, so it's officially unsafe? Not detection wise, but it can destroy your Windows 10 installation. I have noticed several bluescreens during the use of Bitdefender Free Edition on Windows 10, related to some Bitdefender sys driver, happened on my friends PCs too several times. I also noticed sometimes black screen during boot of Windows 10, which I am sure is related to Bitdefender free edition too, because it happened for the first time right after I installed it and rebooted.

• Sorin G.
    Options

As was previously mentioned, Bitdefender FREE is not Windows 10 compatible. We do not advise using the application in that environment.

If you encounter BSODs please remove the application from the machine.

• knuddelz
    Options

Seriously? This, from one of the leading AntiVirus companies? I should totally contact some bigger mags like pcmag and ask them to report about this, because they seem not to know the awards they give for BitDefender Free Edition is bought on false facts, especially if they tell it's a good product to use for Windows 10.

• lapka
    Options

Still would love to know, do the developers BAFE compatible with Windows 10, and if so, how much time do we have to expect this event? And if it's not in the plans, then it is time to openly declare about it, instead of keeping their users in the dark.

• Sorin G.
    Options

@Knuddelz as I mentioned repeatedly Bitdefender Free is not compatible with Windows 10, if you take the time to read the system requirements for the product you will notice that Windows 10 is not listed.

@Lapka the devs have been poked, if any information should become available I'll be sure to post it on the forum.

• Matthew Cline
    edited June 2016
    Options

So, BD Free might crash or BSOD on Windows 10, but if it doesn't it will offer all of the same protections available as when it runs on Windows 8?

EDIT: Also, is the any Windows 10 only malware that BD Free might not detect?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Matthew,

Basically yes, however during our tests we have noticed that the issues may not surface at first, it can take even a week for it to cause problems. We do not advise using the Bitdefender Free under Windows 10 until that engine gets revised.

As for Windows 10 only malware, there is no such thing at this time. Its not in the interest of people who make such infections to hit only a specific target, they want to have cause more damage thus hitting all possible versions.

• roxtedy
    edited June 2016
    Options

I found out that the Windows defender is working very well. I tried many samples and all of them it caught. When you will use chrome, with setting: safe me from malicious website. Its better combination than BD free for sure. Google bought the virustotal.com wchich is the most powerfull antiviruses tool ever. Google use this to protect poeople from getting any viruses, etc....

Or AVIRA.

I hate the pop up advert from avast,avg,panda...I can not stand it. to turn my laptop to the advertising billboard....

• Hello Matthew,

Basically yes, however during our tests we have noticed that the issues may not surface at first, it can take even a week for it to cause problems. We do not advise using the Bitdefender Free under Windows 10 until that engine gets revised.

As for Windows 10 only malware, there is no such thing at this time. Its not in the interest of people who make such infections to hit only a specific target, they want to have cause more damage thus hitting all possible versions.

Is there any ETA on when it will become compatible? I thought I'd found the perfect solution for my in-laws and dad's computers after moving them to Windows 10, but yesterday started having problems with it. I like how simple it is (doesn't confuse non-techies like my parents) and lightweight on resources.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Autigers1970,

There is no ETA at this time, however should that change it will be announced through proper channels and I will also post it on the forum.

• Hello Autigers1970,

There is no ETA at this time, however should that change it will be announced through proper channels and I will also post it on the forum.

Thanks. But they are working on it, correct? There aren't plans to just let the free version die on the vine and only support paid versions going forward?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

While there is no official information on this matter, I personally don't believe the product will be left to die in a corner.