Ransomeware Protection Needs To Tell The Location Of The File Creating The Problem
The other day I got an alert that Runtimebroker is trying to access my pictures folder. I have a windows 10 x64 pro edition.
Now I know that runtimebroker.exe is a genuine windows file. What i didn't know, is to allow or disallow the access.
1) because, being a windows file, BD should have whitelisted it.
2) I didn't know the location from which runtimebroker was running. So that I can determine if its a genuine windows file or not.
The request is that Ransomware protection should show the full file path of the application trying to access the protected folders.
Eventually, I didn't make a choice and just rebooted the system and the question was not asked again. So should i assume runtimebroker was blocked or allowed by default?
All Time Leaders
- 2.2K All Categories
- 1.1K Windows
- 120 Mac
- 387 Mobile Security
- 309 VPN
- 329 Central & Subscriptions
- 381 Other Products & Services
- 83 Security Research Team
- 136 Product features and Ideation
- 150 Enterprise Security
- 625 General Topics
- 170 News & Blogs
- 4.8K Home & home office protection
- 24.2K Old forum topics