Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Has Performed A Product Update.

Options

Hello.

A few hours ago BitDefender Free solution was updated. "Bitdefender has performed to update product."

I want to know what changes there are in this new update.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards. :)

Comments

• lapka
    Options

I want to know what changes there are in this new update.

Unfortunately, about the changes in these updates are not written anywhere.

• N@ir
    Options

Let us hope that someone from the BD team can help us.

• Unknown
    Options

What's the version number you have now?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

At this time there is no changelog available for the free version of the product.

• N@ir
    Options

Hello,

At this time there is no changelog available for the free version of the product.

Hello.

Thank you very much for the reply. We hope that at some point is the list of changes in this update.

Best regards.

• Unknown
    Options

A few hours ago BitDefender Free solution was updated.

What's the version number you have now?

• N@ir
    Options

I have the latest version of the product.

Best regards.

dR5uW9s.jpg

gUelnvv.jpg

• Unknown
    edited June 2016
    Options

All I needed was the number. But the screenies are appreciated.

Interesting. That was the version two of my friends got on their systems around the beginning of March. You must have installed Free quite recently. The initial install is version 1.0.13.859 (as I recollect from early 2015) and then it updates to the latest version if online for an adequate amount of time.

There was post here about it...

/index.php?showtopic=68777" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=68777

Note the user corrected the title in his post #2.

So, no new version actually. No Win10 yet. :(

Cheers.

• N@ir
    edited June 2016
    Options

Download of the program comes with the version 1.0.21.1109 and since that version was updated.
    Best regards. :)

Hopefully once we have a new version with the new BitDefender red and white icon.

• Unknown
    Options

Thanks for the update. It's good to find out they now download the latest version instead of the "base version then update" scheme. That was always an annoyance.

The version number that appears in the GUI is actually the version of gzserv.exe, the Gonzales cloud service that is the foundation of BDAV Free. (Once a service in all BD products, it is vsserv.exe in the latest premium products. I used Free for several years but determined last year I wanted more power in my security strategy.)

Having several components and modules AVC, IDS, Anti-rootkit, etc.), it is possible then for the "product" to upgrade without a change in the version displayed in the GUI.

For example, when I ran Free I observed that AVC components (i.e. avcuf64.dll) updated in the background but I don't remember if that evoked an event or not.

And it would be nice to have a published changelog; that ain't gonna happen.

Cheers.