[Fr] Please Add Scan Option

Please add the scan options that allows the user to runs either quick scan or full system scan into Bitdefender Free 2016 BETA, and please fix the RAM usages because I did tested on my virtual machine and find that this BETA consumes more than 95MB of RAM. Also, are there any zero day protections at all for this new free AV or is it going to depend on signatures?

Comments

• Vitalik1993
    edited July 2016

I agree that Bit free should have quick (or full) scan.

• +

I agree

• +1

Scan option is a must!

• Hello,

If you drag and drop the C: drive for example into the main interface the product will automatically start scanning it.

The same goes for any folders/files you may want manually scanned.

Also your feedback is appreciated.

• Hello.

I already asked that functionality BD team a few weeks ago.

Best regards.

• RubberDucky
    edited July 2016

Hello,

If you drag and drop the C: drive for example into the main interface the product will automatically start scanning it.

I have 6 hard drives on my PC, so you expect me to drag and drop each one of them where full scan just scan all of them without required user to drag and drop the hard drive. The 2014 free edition do have a full system scan option, but this doesn't? What the heck man, this is the first antivirus that I have ever see without a scan option. Even Windows Defender, a basic built in antivirus for Windows 8/8.1/and 10 do scan options.

Here is my feedback ticket numbers, I sent 2 of them. 2016072804100002 and 2016072804090002.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Hello all,

We have taken in consideration your request and we will address it to our development team for improvement.

In the meantime you can also right click on any file/folder/drive you want scanned and select the "Scan files with Bitdefender Antivirus Free" option.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to send us your opinion or any question you might have regarding Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition beta.

Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

• HerzKomputrs
    edited August 2016

Hello,

Have three hard drives on my system.
    An online scan option is an absolute must for me to continue using Bitdefender for my AV on my system.

Hello all,

We have taken in consideration your request and we will address it to our development team for improvement.

In the meantime you can also right click on any file/folder/drive you want scanned and select the "Scan files with Bitdefender Antivirus Free" option.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to send us your opinion or any question you might have regarding Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition beta.

Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

Will wait until the online scan option is implemented in Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition beta.
    Right clicking on any file/folder/drive IMHO is too time consuming for scanning for the average computer user.

• Did you guys add this option yet? It been 4 months now, and I haven't seen any update information yet, so I guess this software will be abandon soon eventually. 

• Hello,

/index.php?/profile/203205-rubberducky/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="203205" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/203205-rubberducky/" rel="">@RubberDucky please read the forum rules before posting.

The product is under BETA and is subject to changes.

There is no ETA on any new features at this time, should any new features be added they will be delivered via automatic updates.

• This is an old topic, but I want to share some thoughts with you:

1. If possible, you could add entries to the right click menu of the "This PC/My Computer" icon to quick scan/full scan the whole machine.

2. Like files and folders, it would be nice to drag and drop "This PC" to the Bitdefender window to trigger a system scan (maybe with a selection for quick and full scan)

LG