Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vista Sp1 And Bitdefender Free

Options

Hi I was wondering is there going to be any update for v10 FREE edition to work with vista sp1 systems or will you make a Free Bitdefender 2008 edition? Thanks.

Comments

• s4u
    Options

did you allready try what it does?

• Yes you get bdfdll.sys error. Bitdefender Free v10 is not compatible with vista sp1 unfortunately.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited April 2008
    Options

My guess is that BitDefender v11 (2008) will be made free when the next version (v12) will be released. Of course, the free version won't have realtime protection.

But this is only an assumption. ;)

Anyway... you can always use the Online Scanner, which is the exact same thing with the free version, but doesn't require any installation (the downside is that you need an internet connection to use it).

Cris.

• I hope they will do that soon.

• Yes you get bdfdll.sys error. Bitdefender Free v10 is not compatible with vista sp1 unfortunately.

Just wanted to add that I am running the PAID version of Bitdefender10 and I get the same compatibility warning.

Bitdefender is running but Vista is telling me it has disabled Bdgdll.sys from registry till it is fixed.

• Niels
    Options

Hello jeff2000,

You can upgrade for free for the remaining days off your current paid version 10.

If you own BitDefender Antivirus 10 you can use your current license key for BitDefender Antivirus 2008

If you own BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10 or BitDefender Internet Security 2008 you can use your current license key for BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

Best regards

Niels

• detmer
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Hello jeff2000,

You can upgrade for free for the remaining days off your current paid version 10.

If you own BitDefender Antivirus 10 you can use your current license key for BitDefender Antivirus 2008

If you own BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10 or BitDefender Internet Security 2008 you can use your current license key for BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

Best regards

Niels

Niels,

I have a paid version of Bitdefender 10 and have the same problem. If I upgrade to Antivirus 2008 or Internet Security 2008 will that take care of the bdfdll.sys problem? Your response implies that but before going through the effort I thought I'd check with you.

Thanks.

Tom

• bjproc
    Options
    Niels,

I have a paid version of Bitdefender 10 and have the same problem. If I upgrade to Antivirus 2008 or Internet Security 2008 will that take care of the bdfdll.sys problem? Your response implies that but before going through the effort I thought I'd check with you.

Thanks.

Tom

it will, as it's vista compatable, infact, i'm replying to you on a vista SP1 PC with BD 2008 B)