Windows 7 Issues I Experienced

I've heard that Bitdefender was the best antivirus software out there so I decided to give the free version a try before I bought the paid version. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium [up-to-date] and I experience two significant issues:

1) Once installed, I could no longer use CTRL + Shift + Esc to access the task manager. Actually, I couldn't even access the task manager at all. After I uninstalled the free version, I could access it again.

2) I couldn't shut down my computer. It would just freeze on a the desktop background screen and wouldn't do anything.

3) Chrome became extremely slow.

I'm not sure if there's a solution to these issues, but I'd love to hear it if so.

Comments

• 1. CTRL + Shift + Esc to Windows 7 and BFAE (not beta) works as it should.
    2. Do not met even once with a similar situation.
    3. There is a clone of Chrome running as usual.
    This is your local problem. Maybe leftovers from the previous antivirus software. In this case, they must be removed with special tools uninstall that have each antivirus vendor.
    Another option, you do not have the original assembly and buggy Windows.

• 1. CTRL + Shift + Esc to Windows 7 and BFAE (not beta) works as it should.

2. Do not met even once with a similar situation.

3. There is a clone of Chrome running as usual.

This is your local problem. Maybe leftovers from the previous antivirus software. In this case, they must be removed with special tools uninstall that have each antivirus vendor.

Another option, you do not have the original assembly and buggy Windows.

LOL, no.

1) no it doesn't because it doesn't work for me. It worked BEFORE I installed Bit Defender and it worked AFTER I uninstalled Bit Defender. While Bit Defender was installed, I couldn't access the task manager. That is clearly Bit Defender's problem.

2) How many people have you meant then?

3) Well, it happened.

I had NEVER used any other anti virus program, EVER. In fact, I even tried a fresh windows 7 install, just updated it and added my drivers. So don't blame it on my "buggy windows" when it's clearly bit defender's issues.

Since Bit Defender has such "excellent" customer service, LOL, I'll just go give my money to another company then.

• lapka
    edited August 2016

How many people have you meant then?

Personally about 30 people who I installed this antivirus and helped if there were problems with the computer (not because of antivirus, it requires practically no configuration).

Also in the country where I live, there is the biggest forum antivirus directions. I have been involved in its activities for several years and as soon as it appeared a topic about this antivirus, I have not missed any message in this thread. And I have never read that anyone had problems similar to yours. So you're "lucky". Such a possibility theoretically exists, since the combination of different hardware and software can lead to anything. And your problem is a rare exception. Can be in addition antivirus you have installed at the same time was another product protective purposes? I do not know. I only know that this is really a good antivirus for free antivirus, I put it above the rest free of competitors.

P. S. I would Like to add. Almost every antivirus has a trial period of about a month, when free to see how you like the antivirus and only after that to pay money in the case that he approached you. You can install the trial version of BIS or BTS is free to ensure its quality.

• Here is a link to share the Trial period of 90 days.

• HerzKomputrs
    edited August 2016

Been using Bitdefender for over four years now and never had those issues.

It's actually Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access the Task Manager in Windows 7.

My computer has never frozen once whilst using Bitdefender.

It's definitely NOT a Bitdefender issue, but, an issue with your system.

I'm an IT tech(25 years) and have installed Bitdefender on several clients computers and highly recommend it to my clients, family and friends.