Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Deleting Firewall Profiles

Options

I recently started to use the "apply generic profile to new networks" option for the BitDefender firewall, but I'm having a slight problem. I know that it will revert to old profiles for networks you've used in the past and only use the generic for the new ones, but I'm wondering how to make it use the generic for all? I know I need to 'delete' BitDefender's memory of me ever using those networks and reconnect to them, but I'm unsure of how to do it.

I deleted the profiles (*.xml) manually from the *\bitdefender\firewall\profiles folder, but that only deletes the rules for the profiles and not the memory of whether it's a new network or not.

Aside from an uninstall/reinstall, what can I do?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello TheProducer,

The networks are stored in the file profiles.xml (in the same folder with the profiles files). You will have to delete that file.

In other words, just empty the Profiles folder, and create only a Generic Profile. BitDefender will ask you again about all programs (if you allow them to connect), but it should ask only once now, and remember the answers for all new networks.

Cris.

• I've shut off the firewall, turned on the generic profile option, closed BitDefender, emptied the folder, and rebooted. Doesn't work. While it forgets my rules for previous networks, it still remembers them as separate networks from the new ones, instead of applying the generic profile.

I'm thinking the issue may lie in the fact that I can't seem to ever get BitDefender completely closed and turned off. Even after I exit the program I still get notification popups about stuff--even if the BitDefender logo is not showing in the system tray. There will also always be BitDefender processes in the Task Manager.

I dislike the fact I never get it completely closed; I often use my machine with no internet connection for audio recording purposes and need to be able to minimize the unnecessary load on the system completely, so I need to be able to stop BitDefender.

Any thoughts?

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited April 2008
    Options

You have to disable each module, from the BitDefender Security Center.

The BD processes will still exists in TaskManager, but if the modules are disabled, the processes won't consume any resources.

Cris.

• cberneanu
    edited April 2008
    Options

Try this:

Disable any network adapter, check the "Use generic profile" option, stop vsserv, delete profiles.xml and all the files with rules but keep settings.xml, reboot.