Active Threat Control And Ids Always Turn Automatically Off

Hi,

These last days, I have noticed that Bitdefender always turns off automatically the "Active Threat Control" module and the "IDS" module.

I have tried to disable the "autopilot" mode and set a password to make changes, but any of this options have solved the problem...

Here are my versions of BD and O.S:

- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.10586 (x64-based PC)

- Bitdefender Total Security 2016

What can I do? I would appreciate your help. My license is expiring in 3 months and I'm not going to renew it until this issue is fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Carlos,

Most likely the avc.xml file which holds the settings for Active Virus Control and IDS, is corrupted (take a look at the attached jpg), so you have to replace it for a healthy one (in Safe Mode ONLY)

I am also attaching a copy of my avc.xml, but it corresponds the the AV plus version only so I do not know if it will "fit" your BitDefender version, but in any case, you can always make a copy of yours in case mine is not the appropriate.

Hope this helps

post-449-0-69352800-1471874861_thumb.jpg

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15119" data-fileid="15119" rel="">avc.xml

avc.xml 1003B
  • I'm having the same problem as CarlosM-C with Active Threat Control and IDS constantly turning off; however, I'm wondering if the issue might be from running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. I have the Internet Security 2016 version of Bitdefender and Windows 10 Home (x64). Could the real-time protection settings in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware be turning off the ATC and IDS in Bitdefender?

• Hello,

@Carlos please try to disable the profiles and let me know if the issue still persists afterwards

@Gramercytavern the premium version does have a active agent that may come in conflict with Bitdefender, however I believe that you should also test to see if you disable the Profiles the issue repeats itself.

Bitdefender > Modules > Tools > Profiles.

• gramercytavern
    edited August 2016

Hi Sorin,

​I have tried disabling auto-pilot/profiles, and even went as far as uninstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but ATC and IDS are still automatically turning themselves off.

In case anyone is having similar problems, repairing Bitdefender through the uninstall options fixed it for me.

• Hello,

Glad to hear that the situation has been resolved.