Ipv6 Over Teredo Problem With Bdts 2016

I have a problem with IPv6 over Teredo in Win 8.1 x64 and BDTS 2016 20.0.29.1517

When "Network type" for my WiFi adapter in firewall settings of BDTS is "public", I can't connect to no one IPv6 sites, and tests of IPv6 connectivity show me, that it's not supported. image.jpgWhen "Network type" for my WiFi adapter in firewall settings of BDTS is "trusted", I have no problem with IPv6. yes.jpg

Changing "stealth mode" and "generic" is don't influence result.

I uninstalled and installed again BDTS. Problem was resolved, but just for short time and appeared after a few of restarts.

Comments

• And what? Developers of this superproduct have no ideas why the firewall blocks ipv6 when shouldn't do it? Or the product does not provide protection for this version of the protocol with tunneling?

• WarL0k
    edited August 2016

Go to firewall module, then rules. Make sure "Show General Rules Box is Checked". Look for "Incoming ICMPv6 is set to Allow". Try IPV6 test again. should work.

Read Ops post again. My adapter is set to "Private". I'm not sure the above will help you. I had the same problem with mine and this resolved it.

edit to add: Adapter set to "Private".

• Go to firewall module, then rules. Make sure "Show General Rules Box is Checked". Look for "Incoming ICMPv6 is set to Allow". Try IPV6 test again. should work.

Read Ops post again. My adapter is set to "Private". I'm not sure the above will help you. I had the same problem with mine and this resolved it.

edit to add: Adapter set to "Private".

Thanks for council. I tried to change control ICMPv6 first of all. For me, did not help. This protocol is not a transport protocol. With a ping and a traceroute problems at me did not arise. A Deny/Allow of ICMPv6 influenced only receiving IPv6 address, when using the local DHCP server. When using Teredo, this option does not matter. How you set your adapter in "privat"? I have only 4 statuses: Trusted, Untrusted, Home/Office, Public.

The nonsense is that after reinstallation of BDTS everything works without any trouble, with "Deny" ICMPv6 and the "Public" adapter. But after a while IPv6 traffic is blocked without change of settings.

• Hello,

Your physical adapter should be set as Home/Office as the Public setting will strictly guard the connection thus blocking some connections seen as vulnerable. I see that you setup your Teredo as Trusted that is proper and should remain that way.

• svv3000
    edited August 2016

Hello,

Your physical adapter should be set as Home/Office as the Public setting will strictly guard the connection thus blocking some connections seen as vulnerable. I see that you setup your Teredo as Trusted that is proper and should remain that way.

Thanks, but it's not working for me. IPv6 is supported just only when physical adapter set as "Trusted". I don't think, that this configuration is safe for me. I agree that "public" adapter can cause some complications for connections, though it is a "big question". But "Home/Office" adapter also does not pass IPv6 a traffic. Settings for "Stealth mode" and "Generic" dos not matter.

image.jpgHO1.jpg

Teredo adapter of course set as "trusted". Concerning it there were no questions.