[Feature Request] Save/restore Settings

I suggest adding a method to save/restore (import/export) the Settings, including Exclusion and Rule lists.

This would make reinstalling while troubleshooting much easier

Thanks.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great suggestion. When I have issues with Bitdefender and have to do a "Repair" or when I upgrade versions, I have to go through the time-consuming process of uninstalling and reinstalling my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium on the household computers (3). The worst part is having to configure all of the "Exclusions" again in BD on all the computers.

I endorse and support your suggestion. It would be a great improvement.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• +1 from me.

• +1 from me too !

• +1 fore me

• you can add sync to cloud option and use as my befault settings on new devices

• Excellent suggestion, and absolutely should be included. And the function should really save and restore ALL settings.

• Yesterday 14 April 2016 Microsoft released a major update to Windows 10. After that W10 update process completed, guess what ?

Bitdefender Total Security 2016 protection was disabled. Could not re-enable. Would not self-repair. Necessary to run the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool and do the fresh Reinstall. Then all protections would be enabled once again.

However, that re-install takes us back to the default Bitdefender setup !

> Antivirus Exclusions GONE.

> Web Protection Whitelist GONE.

> Antispam Friends and Spammer Lists GONE.

> Ransomware Protection Trusted and Blocked Applications entries GONE.

So you must take the time to go through the manual process of setting up all those things once again from scratch.

What a pain. What an oversight it is for Bitdefender not to have a Save/Restore (Import/Export) Settings feature to automate this task, just the same as can be done with any Modem/Router.

Please do adopt this suggestion ASAP Bitdefender.

• I would love to see this as well. About to have to uninstall for troubleshooting purposes and hate to have to reconfigure if I reinstall.

• And I would as well!

But why after more than 6 months no reaction at all from Bitdefender???

• Hello,

All posts in the Feature request section are being reviewed and evaluated as a potential features, it is up to our devs to accept or deny a feature.

Should a feature be accepted you will be able to see it in the product.

• Hello,

All posts in the Feature request section are being reviewed and evaluated as a potential features, it is up to our devs to accept or deny a feature.

Should a feature be accepted you will be able to see it in the product.

That seems strange. Why would it be up to developers whether to include or omit a feature? It should be up to the business, with development taking direction. Usually "it's up to the devs" only applies to really small software vendors, where the devs are also the business.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited June 2016

Hello,

I do apologize for the confusion, I did not fully explain the process. There are several filters that go back and forth until a decision is made, however that information is private and this thread is no place for such discussions.

Long story short all requests posted here are being looked at and reviewed.

• No need to be salty Sorin it's a feature you should make your customers informed about the progress as it's ridiculous in 2016 you have to reconfigure your software manually given the number of times it wrongly interfers with some software and the impossibility of disabling it completely (if I disable the antivirus because I want to run a false positive, BD will still take action and delete or block the file regardless), hence the need of reinstalling this piece of crap so many times every year.

"Should a feature be accepted you will be able to see it in the product."

" however that information is private and this thread is no place for such discussions "

Don't know what to say but WOW.