Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

vsserv.exe causing increased network traffic during downloads

Options

I just installed the Free Version of Bitdefender 2016 and noticed that the vsserv.exe service is permanently sending and receiving data from one or multiple ec2-*.*.compute.amazonaws.com addresses. During installation I chose to not send usage report.

When my system is idle only one such connection is present however the moment I resume a download with uncapped speed (Steam, browser, ...) multiple connections appear increasing the total traffic caused by this service. Since I'm on a rather slow internet connection the tools I'm using to monitor my download speed over time are reporting high fluctuations. This was not an issue with the previous version of the free Bitdefender.

What information is Bitdefender sharing here? Is this by design or is there a way to make it stop?

Comments

• Sorry for my bad english.

Same here. But I have just blocked productagentservice.exe, vsserv.exe and vsservppl.exe in Windows Firewall Control, because most of these files constantly trying to connect some IPs. And I don't trust it, I don't know why such high activity, particularly in the case of vsserv.exe, because this file is trying to connect somewhere EVERY TWO SECONDS.