BItdefender TS 2017 Offline Installer Won't Just Open

Hi,

I downloaded the offline kit for BD Total Security 2017 (64 bit) and have tried every possible way to run it but the process just stays dormant in the Task Manager and then nothing happens throughout. I have tried this by after disabling my default antivirus (Windows Defender) & windows firewall. I tried scanning the system with updated Malwarebytes and then cleaning the registry with CCCleaner and also ran the New Bitdefender Uninstall tool, both in Safe Mode and Normal Mode but upon double clicking the installer.exe (ran with Admin rights, after extracting bitdefender_ts_21_64b) while disconnecting from the internet, no dialog box pops up.

Surprisingly, in safe mode, upon double clicking installer.exe, it opens the Bitdefender installation dialog box but the next message I see is "You must run the setup in Normal Mode".

This is highly frustrating and I am clueless as to what is could be possible cause, especially when my system is clean and virus free.

I am running Windows 10, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM and have sufficient disk space.

Comments

• I have no clue what the answer is to your question, but I DO understand most of the question! I was wondering if you know my answer since you sound much more computer literate than I am. Do you know why the download crashes around 95% of installation, the loading graph bar disappears and the icon disappears. I don't have any other external protection on Windows Defender... Can you help? Please and Thanks.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited December 2016

Hello,

The 2017 product does not have a official "offline" kit. Tampering with the installation files is not recommended.

Please both of you contact our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool to further investigate the issues you encountered.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• /index.php?/profile/206663-sr92/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="206663" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/206663-sr92/" rel="">@SR92 You should initiate bitdefender agent before installing the offline installer from v2016 onwards. You can download from your central account -> download or from here.

1. Initiate bitdefender agent installation and close the window during download of bitdefender security.

2. Please note that you don't have more than one bitdefender agent in installed programs list. If you have more than one, uninstall one bitdefender agent and check the list again.

3. now use the offline installer.

Note: If you already installed bitdefender and if you use the offline installer without complete uninstall of existing installation, you'll get error. You can download the new bitdefender 2017 uninstall tool from here.