TinyWall Firewall blocking my Bitdefencer Free update -- HELP

What BDF executable file do I need to whitelist so my TinyWall firewall will permit Bitdefender Free to update?

There are so many executable Bitdefender files, I am not sure which is the one that connects with the updater.

Thanks for your help.

Louis

Comments

• As fas as I can remember, TinyWall has autolearn mode, which would allow access to all bitdefender executables requiring it. Try it , should work.

• You have a good memory.  I will run it on Autolearn.  What TinyWall does not tell you is how long you should run it in that mode. 

I've also contacted Bitdefender and the replied with a very innocuous reply. 

I've used TinyWall's whitelist option and added all of Bitdefender's executable files I can find. 

I'm guessing you no longer use TinyWall.  Would you mind expanding on your experience with that program?  It looks like it should be useful.

Thanks,

Louis

• Well, you run it in autolearn mode until the program who wasn't operating properly, starts working as it should. I tested it at one point but found it as non flexible for me to use it for reasons same as you encountered with Bitdefender Free. Basically, when something wasn't working right, I had to put it in autolearn, so all executables could gain access to internet, and I find that unacceptable. At this point I'm using windows own firewall (8.1 64 bit). One firewall that I could always recommend is Private Firewall. Check it, powerful, flexible and lightweight .

Cheers

• Thanks, Gisot. 

I'll take a look at Private Firewall.

Caio,

Louis