Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Temporary Total Deactivate Bitdefender Total Security 2017

Options

Hi,

I propose to the Bitdefender Total Security 2017 staff/spet's to create one SIMPLE MODALITY (one click?) for totally temporary deactivation of this excellent product !!!

In many cases - for ex. by the System Restore process - we must De-install and after Re-install the entire product !

It is very complicate and time-aeter process!

Best regards!

Comments

• Absolutely.

It is really quite colossally unwise that a system that has been thoroughly scanned for viruses and other malware and is not even connected to the internet is not able to use System Restore without messing around in Safe Mode, where we cannot undo what we have done if it does not work.

I have used BitDefender since 2012 and upgraded every year. There was only one time that System Restore was absolutely critical to remove browser toolbars and search engines which may have been Spyware or other malware that absolutely would not uninstall by any method. But the main thing is that if I do not want it on my machine I WILL NOT HAVE IT.

My only option was to revert the system to the previous week while off-line, reboot a few times, then re-enable BitDefender and go on-line to update the virus signatures for the last week; not uninstall the entire program, reinstall it and pay with download allowance for the entire thing.

So it must have had this functionality at one time.

Another thing is why on Earth did they put in One-Click Optimisation when all I want to do is scan the registry?

Changing things for the sake of being able to say ALL NEW! is not always an improvement.

• THANKS!

Actually for the System Restore I must uninstall and after re-install the Total Security 2017. It's very complicate! Many time the computer must restarted! I please the excellent Bitdefender Team to create one simple way for Temporally Dezactivate the product.

In this way the program must not entirely uninstalled reinstalled, re-actualized, re-set, re-start etc. etc.

I wait this!

• 18 minutes ago, Istvan Kiraly said:

THANKS!

Actually for the System Restore I must uninstall and after re-install the Total Security 2017. It's very complicate! Many time the computer must restarted! I please the excellent Bitdefender Team to create one simple way for Temporally Dezactivate the product.

Yes, I agree it's madness. And doing it in Windows Safe Mode is just as awkward as removing the software.

But I am sure we WERE able to disable BitDefender a few years ago as I clearly recall doing it.

It's one of the features they removed. And yet on two occasions in the last year the red BitDefender icon went grey and told me it had stopped working on its own and I had to restart it.

This is the only thing I dislike about BitDefender: with each update I get less User Control.

And I'd also like to see a complete list of all the things it wants to delete when I run Optimisation etc.

Cheers!

• daman1
    Options

Be careful around here these type reply's one could get a warning for spamming :ph34r:

Anyway I 100% totally agree, there should be a simple "off" button because even if you turn off all modules BD will still block applications AND system restore function, its ridiculous the calls I get on this issue.

A work around can be found in the bellow link,  this is the only way I know how to properly disable BD with out uninstalling.

/index.php?/topic/74559-bitdefender-security-2017-temporary-turn-off/&do=embed">

• I hope that the spets of BD follow these discussions and will seek a suitable solution ! I am one old man and I can't risk to operating in Safe Mode and at the Services