Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdremoval_trojan_ransom_icepol.exe

TrafficLight does nothing to stop Ransom Trojan, though your removal tool (BDRemoval_Trojan_Ransom_IcePol.exe) works great.

Is there a product that will stop the Ranson trojan from infecting a machine?

Thanks!

Comments

• The Bitdefender antivirus programs will protect you from ransomware. :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014

I don't mean to distract to my friend Rohugh's excellent post and hint, but to just maybe add to it ^_^

Chances are you're just using the TrafficLight browser add on apart from BD security, so it was most likely your AV's fault. The TrafficLight version included with Bitdefender security is more "battle hardened" as it's broader and tied in with the AV scanning engines and virus def. updates. The below is what is we have with the Antiphishing included with BD (it is in the AV+ on up, i.e. all the paid versions) It may not look much different than the Browser add on version, but again, the paid version incorporates the above mentioned.

See also this link: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=133662

BDAntiphishing_zps41ee1af9.jpg

edit: By the way, glad to hear the BD Trojan Ransom removal tool worked for you :)

• Thanks very much guys.

I am going to give it a try.

• Now that I have BitDefender trial installed I have another question.....

Can I uninstall TrafficLight in my Chrome browser (is that functionality part of BitDefender?)

If not then do I have to add TrafficLight to my Firefox browser?

My main goal here is to protect against the ransom trojan.

Thanks in advance

Joe

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited March 2014

TrafficLight is a browser add-on, not part of the anti-virus so yes you can uninstall it in Chrome menu>Tools>Extensions, but of course you can run the two together - your choice. :)

Now you have BD it will protect you against Ransomware. Which version of BD did you choose?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014

Yes, I would disable it, and let the BD security do it all, without any competition ^_^ A wise choice, Obi Wan Kenobi, in giving BD Security a try :)

• TrafficLight is a browser add-on, not part of the anti-virus so yes you can uninstall it in Chrome menu>Tools>Extensions, but of course you can run the two together - your choice. :)

Now you have BD it will protect you against Ransomware. Which version of BD did you choose?

I am running AV plus, the other products just seem redundant, and a little pricey too.

If this keeps ransom away I will be spreading the word about BD.

Thanks again.

Joe

• Hello! this complex question. Here it is necessary to think ...