Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Crash

Options

Hi,

Whenever I run a certain video game, Heroes of Might and Magic III, distributed by gog.com, BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition crashes. How can I trust my AV software if an old video game manages to crash it so easily? What is to stop malware from doing the same thing the video game does and then taking over my system?

Cheers,

Bogdan

Comments

• ram1220
    Options

Are you sure it's not something else on your computer that's crashing the game? I am running that game as well as BD Free and I don't have a problem. If you have Malwarebytes then run a scan. That will pick up some items that BD Free won't. Sounds like you might have malware.

• Love4Boobies
    edited June 2014
    Options

Please reread my post and/or its title. The game does not crash; BitDefender does. If I do have malware that's even more reason to not trust BitDefender---but I doubt that's the issue here. Anyway, I noticed I didn't mention that I'm running Windows 8.1.

• Hi,

Whenever I run a certain video game, Heroes of Might and Magic III, distributed by gog.com, BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition crashes. How can I trust my AV software if an old video game manages to crash it so easily? What is to stop malware from doing the same thing the video game does and then taking over my system?

Cheers,

Bogdan

Which part of Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition crashes; the interface (gziface.exe), the service (gzserv.exe), or both. If it is only the interface, the crash may leave the computer as when you Exit Bitdefender's tray (notification area) icon. If this case the computer is still protected.* As long as the Virus Shield is ON the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service protects your system regardless of the interface being down. I do not think you can stop this service so easily.

Please
    Exit the interface (the tray icon) prior to starting your game and resume it afterwards through Bitdefender's desktop icon or through Windows Start Menu.** Check if this prevents your problem. If so, think of this as some form of game mode. You may want contact customer's support and tell them about your crash regardless.

*If you want to verify if your computer is protected form viruses you can try to download the
    eicar.com test file from EICAR's download page. The download should be prevented or the file should be quarantined immediately (or destroyed).

**I cannot say if it is OK to leave the interface off all the time. The interface is needed to notify the user about any problem and remains quiet otherwise. I advise to have it active during normal system use.

• Hi. I have caused the crash again and checked to see whether the gzserv.exe service was still running. Indeed, it was. I think I can further narrow it down but I'm not sure this is the right place for bug reports.

• Hi. I have caused the crash again and checked to see whether the gzserv.exe service was still running. Indeed, it was. I think I can further narrow it down but I'm not sure this is the right place for bug reports.

To Contact Customer Care: On Bitdefender's home page follow the Support link on the top and then Continue to Home User Support by following the antivirus support link. This link will take you there directly. You may Open an email ticket explaining your problem from that page.

• I'm new and I'm interested in this topic. Thank you!