Upgrading from Free Version to AV+ 2017?

ellentk
edited April 2017 in Install activation

I want to upgrade to AntiVirus Plus 2017 from version 1.0.21/1109 of the free anti-virus on my win7 64 system, which was installed in 2014 from this file: Antivirus_Free_Edition_x64.exe.

I can't find an uninstaller for the free version and wonder how to proceed. Is there an uninstall tool for the free version, or should I use the one for the trial version, or some other file, or is there a list of files and registry entries I can manually delete?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• As far as I know there isn't an uninstall tool for the free version.  In the past I have uninstalled that version from the Windows Control Panel with complete success.

• Thanks very much, R.

• Hello ellentk. default_happy.png

Also after uninstalling it from C.Panel you can remove any leftover files with advanced uninstaller application ie.  IObit advanced uninstaller.

Of course it referse to any other application installed on your system that you want to be completely removed.

In tearms of system performance, it`s similar to registry cleaners but much much safer to use.

Cheers   default_happy.png

• Hello,

Uninstalling the product from the Control Panel is the best way to remove it.

Its never advisable to use 3rd party uninstallers on anti-virus products.

If you wish to clean the machine, I personally recommend CCleaner.