Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sonicwall Netextender Not Working With Bitdefender Ts 2013

My employer uses SonicWall NetExtender to allow us to tunnel into a private network for file server access and RDP access office PC's all has been working fine until I recently installed Bit Defender Total Security 2013 on my Windows 8 Pro 64bit Dell laptop (XPS 15) and now NetExtender refuses to connect to the VPN server and does not invoke any port alerts from BitDefender to allow or block.

The server IP is connected to over port 4433, I'm baffled as to why I can't just allow port 4433 in BitDefender, surely this standard functionality for a full server security application!!!

I have taken action and added application exceptions into both the AntiVirus and Firewall modules without any success. I've also turned off both modules (in fact all BitDefender modules) but the issue persists.

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can allow NetExtender to connect and communicate fully with the VPN server, I have just purchased a 1yr licence for BitDefender only to find this issue which would have been a show stopper for me buying BD if I knew in advance it was going to be so hard to get around it.

I didn't have this issue with Kaspersky

Comments

• Try opening tcp port 3389 for SonicWall NetExtender. Or you can use a software like Wireshark(free) to check out which port it is really using when trying to connect. smile2.png

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi middlep1 and welcome to the Bitdefender forum!

Have you contacted us via email? I have checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system.

• I had same problem with Bitdefender Total Security 2017, but uninstalling SonicWALL NetExtender 7.0.203 (from 2013) and installing SonicWALL NetExtender 8.0.241 (from 2016) solved the problem.

This discussion has been closed.