Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

After update: Device is at risk

Options

This evening I have got a new update for my Bitdefender Free Edition: 1.0.8.8, Engine version 7.71420, Win7 32bit

Now Bitdefender tells me my device is at risk. Protection shield is off. And I cannot turn it on. Trying to turn the protection shield on manually has no success.

After a complete reboot the problem still exists.

This is a severe problem. At the moment my system is not protected!

screenshot.jpg

Comments

• Camelon
    Options

I have this same exact problem, troubles me nobody has said anything in this post for 12 hours now considering it's no small issue of it randomly going off thanks to an update.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I would advise doing a reinstall of the application and removing all other security solutions from the machine.

• Camelon
    Options

19 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

I would advise doing a reinstall of the application and removing all other security solutions from the machine.

It was working fine as my only antivirus program on the computer untill the latest update which broke it, if I have to reinstall bitdefender after every update...

• oli_w
    Options

4 hours ago, Camelon said:

It was working fine as my only antivirus program on the computer untill the latest update which broke it, if I have to reinstall bitdefender after every update...

Same here. Bitdefender Free Edition is my only security application on my system except the common Win7 stuff. Just got an update of BD which left my system without any protection.

fyi: On another system (Win10) Bitdefender works flawlessy. There were no problem though I have got several(?) updates since yesterday.

2017-05-17 13_15_40-Bitdefender - Settings.png

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Not all machines are the same.

A simple leftover from a previous security solution or a simple Windows update can make all the difference in the world.

Hence my recommendation for a reinstall, if something conflicted a reinstall should put everything back into place.

• Camelon
    Options

Hey

It's working now after a reinstall, let's hope it stays that way without further trouble, thanks. :)

• oli_w
    Options

Confirmed. A reinstall fixed this for me.