Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update block old programs

Options
OrlaRau
OrlaRau
edited May 2017 in Update

Windows 7 Ultimate and Bitdefender Internet Security 2017

2-3 days ago some old programs I use suddenly wouldn't start.

I found out that it was a certain Bitdefender update that caused the problem.

These old programs uses ntvdm.exe and wowexec.exe. I don't know what else they need. I have added these 2 ntvdm.exe and wowexec.exe to Trusted applications, but it did not help. I still can't open my applications even I also added these apps *.exe files

I also tried to add them under Firewall Rules Allow with no avail.

These programs have worked fine on my Win 7 installation for more than 5 years.

Hope for help

Kind regards, Orla

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please go  to Bitdefender > Protection > View Modules > Antivirus and disable the two modules there and let me know if you are able to use those applications.

• OrlaRau
    Options

Hello Sorin G

Thank you for answering

I was about to tell the forum that the problem was solved, probably by a new update from Bitdefender

I know that Bitdefender update on May 20-21, that requested a reboot caused the problem. I tried to check it by restoring an Acronis True Image Backup from before May 20 and the problem disappeared.

After Bitdefender automatically updated these old programs was again prevented to run. Another restore with internet disconnected showed that these programs could run untill internet again was connected and Bitdefender updated.

With Bitdefendeer updated and these programs were prevented to run, I tried repair of Bitdefender from Programs and Features. While reapiring the programs in question could run until repair succeeded.

Finally last night there was a new Bitdefender update requiring reboot and the problem seems just vanished.

I'll remember your testprocedure if it should happen again

Kind regards, Orla