Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free force enabling extensions visibility

Options

Old Bitdefender Free was doing this and this latest one is STILL doing this nonsense. It just seems to randomly (usually when I test detection with EICAR or AMTSO) it enables file extensions to be visible and you can't disable it at all. You can click "File name extensions" in Windows folder and it just does nothing. I could only disable it after uninstalling Bitdefender Free. So incredibly annoying.

Comments

• Hi! sorry to hear that default_happy.png ,I think that's how the process works because it looks like I got the same issue here on my end and I try using it with EICAR test. 

• rejzor
    Options

Well, it's certainly not desired and at least for me really annoying.

• This things STILL exists. Will this ever get fixed? It's freaking annoying as that extensions that I don't want to see are forcibly enabled by Bitdefender Free. It's literally the single reason why I'm not using Bitdefender Free which is otherwise an excellent AV. But this bug is really dumb and annoying.

• MSE
    Options

You can clearly see that nobody from Bitdefender cares about this forum, I wonder why do you waste your time here....