Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why won't BF2017 auto update

Options

Whenever I turn on a computer that has not been used for a couple days Bit Defender will sit there for some time (say 10,20,30,40) minutes and say your last update was XX days ago.  It should go out and update itself however it does not. You have to open it up and press the update button.  This has been happening since v2016.  If it is that far out of date it should try to update shortly after boot up.   Set to Silent Auto Update every hour, what is going on here?  Will a fix be coming soon?

Tagged:

Comments

• l have same problem.Set to Silent Auto Update every hour,Bit Defender will sit there for some time minutes and say your last update was some days ago.

• l used Windows 10 and use the sleep mode sometimes.l have out sleep mode Bitdefender can not auto update.

• I would strongly suggest calling the support phone number and pick number 3 and ask if they are pushing updates or not. As its also important to check if there have been any recent major malware or worse virus attacks as. That might influence if the antivirus updates are heavily getting pushed out. 

That said be very aware that not being on your computer as "advanced" of anAV as BD is its "auto updating" is only if you have the app open and have ran the most recent update. Other wise it reads as though your behind in updating because. In a sense your copy hasnt done its homework. As Auto Updating is aka online auto updating if the OS is turned off there isnt power to the Application. Having your PC off for a few days is okay just make sure after the PC is awake to take a small coffee or water break and update the missing definitions and then BD should Auto Update in the background. Just be aware that updates for BD are not only just updating but also re checking you have the right definitions and that they are up to "snuff" or the correct versions. 

Errors with updates if you read other threads are often due to interrupted updates or too poor of an internet signal. Remember though BD is great but things still can get past this awesome beast of an AV. If you have questions I highly suggest calling in as their support for the most part is awesome at confirming and answering questions. Just phrase your questions as suggestion in somewhat 3rd or second person. As then they can kinda visualize your issue or question from your perspective. 

(Credit I just used the phone support line and it was amazing how efficient and clear it was.)

• I reported this problem to Support  (6/20/17) because it is happening on 3 computers if I don't start them up every day.  Their response was to do a REPAIR.  I tried that on one of the computers and BD would simply not start.  I finally had to do an uninstall and reinstall to fix it.  I'm perplexed why this issue has not be promoted to a sane person a BD.

• Thanks for your suggestion.  While one of the affected machines is a laptop, it is always connected to ac power.  I have never used game mode on any of the machines. 

• I've brought this up to support before as well.  When you get the Yellow "!" or Red "X" if a computer is not booted in 24 or 48 hours BD TS 2017 should Automatically update since it knows an update hasn't been done hence the difference in the widget display. What's the point of letting us know our systems are at risk and then not immediately updating ? This has happened on every computer than I've ever had BD installed on so it's not a system specific issue. It's just an odd choice in behavior that the developers of BD either don't see or can't fix. I also don't boot my laptop every day and sometimes not for several days.  It will also not auto update immediately and it's running the TS 2018 Beta so it doesn't look like a fix is coming any time soon. 

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The situation is known and our devs are currently working on resolving it.