Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti-Theft Gone crazy.

Options

I have Windows 10 & Bit Total 2017. On opening Central i find my 2 devices have addresses in the Anti-Theft. So i can not believe this , as one address is very near my home and the other address is 20 miles away. So how are my devices stolen when i am sat here using them. Could some person please help me.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

What are those two devices and how are they connected to the internet ?

• Hi Thanks for your help. The devices are a Laptop and a Desktop, they are both connected to the internet wireless via my Virgin Hub.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello,

I am assuming the desktop is connected to your Virgin Hub via cable, that would explain the lack of accuracy. As in that moment the product takes the address added to the IP by the ISP.

For better accuracy you need to have a active Wi-Fi adapter.

• Stroker
    Options

Hi Sorin G. many thanks for your time. Both devices are wireless. I must point out to you that the address further away has gone why would this happen.

• Stroker
    Options

Hi folks. So the Anti -Theft saga grinds on, i have just had enough of this. I take my laptop away with me about 50 miles away and do you know my Anti-Theft informs that my device is stolen and located 2 houses from i am staying.  So over 3 weeks this gadget  informs  my laptop has been stolen at 2 addresses in my city, and  why away taken  the laptop with me it gets stolen  in another city. Fantastic as i am sitting here using it now. This is a crazy piece of gadget.  I think a lot of people may not  check the Anti-Theft area in  Bitdefender Central. If  people investigate maybe they could find similar problems. Some of you must have this same problem or have it and not noticed. Come on Bitdefender what is happening?

• If it is IP-based, then whoever supplies those records needs to be replaced. I have not, and probably will not, visit Japan yet that is where my laptop apparently is. If I take the IP address from Central or just Google "what is my IP address" (they are identical) I get the correct location: Saint Paul, MN Centurylink (Qwest.net). The problem continued at my grandfathers condo yesterday (wrong area of MN, Comcast). My laptop was apparently in small-town New Mexico last week. Literally everything else (Google Maps, Windows 10 Apps and location service) is accurate.

BadLocationAccuracy.PNG

• Hi! This topic will might help /index.php?/topic/36233-wrong-location/" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/36233-wrong-location/ default_happy.png

Based from my understanding the resolution is they tried to install the ant-theft separately on the computer and somehow it works fine.