BSOD critical process died

Hello,

I'm getting a random BSOD critical process died when i have the latest version of Bitdefender free installed.

Uninstalled and the BSOD doesn't appear.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Need analysis of the minidump, can you provide?

C:\Windows\Minidump

• chmichael
    edited July 2017

Here they are

moderated: removed dumps as they may contain personally identifiable information. thank you

• Hi, I have instaled BD free on three laptops, Lenovo T430S T440 and intel NUC, it has been week when during start PCs getting the same issue. All Pc are running windows 10. Always the same error, critical process died. Since I uninstaled BD free the blue screen is gone on all of the laptops.My minidump is 1.5 GB large, if you will need I will upload it, but my upload is too slow...at lease I atteched a txt file from BSOD reader.

txtdump.txt

• Ussualy I got the BSOD when on the first pc start. After BSOD the pc is running till next start even few hours, but the next day I start pc and in one minute I got BSOD, it was happening on three diffrent pcs... Id like to use BD free I love the product but let me pls know when you fix this issue, now I stack on defender

• hi there 

exactly same issue as all of you ; 3 different PC same phenomena for 1week now  ; they all get BSOD after 1-2mn PC starts 

uninstall BD free edition is everything is going back to normal now ; frustrating ... use now an alternate solution call SOPHOS home edition (free) not that good compared to BD free edition but it works with last W10 creators upgrade ... so hope this will be fixed urgently on BD side .. just opened a ticket on support with no answer yet 

BR

• To mee it sounds the issue is like Bitdefender Free doesn't whilelist OS system files and it suspects that's it's a system file (eg, kernel) is malware and it terminates.

• This Critical_Process_Died error occurs when a process which is needed to run the Windows operating system ends but the thing about this error is that the process which couldn’t start could be any one of the many processes. It may have to do with the hard drive, the RAM, the processor, or something else or based on my experience using this product it process a lot of memory usage so somehow this following error shows up. Much better if we double check everything to make sure that everything is updated also the drivers.  I hope it will resolve soon. default_happy.png

• roxtedy
    edited July 2017

its definitely BD free, we provided the dump file where is:

Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+16c4c0

File Description  : NT Kernel & System

Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company           : Microsoft Corporation

File Version      : 10.0.15063.447 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

which means that the system kernel is causing the proble with BD free, before I did upgrade all drivers, I tried memmory test and the BD free was only one thing to connect all three pcs together, after uninstall BSOD is gone.

• 7 hours ago, morrigan25 said:

This Critical_Process_Died error occurs when a process which is needed to run the Windows operating system ends but the thing about this error is that the process which couldn’t start could be any one of the many processes. It may have to do with the hard drive, the RAM, the processor, or something else or based on my experience using this product it process a lot of memory usage so somehow this following error shows up. Much better if we double check everything to make sure that everything is updated also the drivers.  I hope it will resolve soon. default_happy.png

It's Bitdefender, if you unstall it the BSOD doesn't happen. (tested 4 days) Reinstalling and after 1-2 reboot Boom !!! BSOD

• please let us know when it's resolved, we miss it :)

thank you

• I had the same issue on another computer..gigabyte brix 3150. There was even BSOD during uninstalling the BD free.

• Any update? Did anyone to intall BD free again? I just dscover that Kaspersky offers free antivirus too...