BD Internet Security 2018 vs Windows Firewall

derekp
edited August 2017 in Protection

Hi

I have just installed BDIS v2018 64 bit onto my Windows 10 computer.

All seems to be running OV.

I just noticed that in the system tray there is an Icon for Windows Defender security Centre..

It says that apart from antivurus, the other Windows Defender components are active - including the firewall.

Is this correct ?

I thought that the installation of BDIS 2018 disabled Windows Defender  ?

Is ir OK to have both the Windows Defender firewall, and also the Bitdefender firewall open at the same time.

BDIS certainly does not seen to worry about this at all.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi again

Please can someone give me their thoughts on this ?

Thank you

• Win Firewall should be auto disabled after installing BDIS. Probably it is the notification centre. Although I have an issue where I am notified that both Win and BD firewall are disabled. Which is untrue. BD bug.

• vpnavy
    edited August 2017

Same here - both firewalls are shut off!  I use to be able to fix that problem by rebooting but now - that doesn't work.  I would feel much better if I could test the firewall to make sure it is running. How did you validate that BitDefender's Firewall was actually running?  Wonder if there is a way to check through the Windows Task Manager (tasks processing)?  I checked via the Windows Services Menu and it says Windows Firewall automatically started (and running) and everything on BitDefender has started...interesting.

Thanks!