Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Don't have permissions to open (or even delete or view permissions) blocked application (even after

Options
Dark_Ronius
edited August 2017 in Protection

I was recently using IoBit's "Program Deactivator", which I had used fine in the past, when today BitDefender decided it was a malicious application. I clicked to "exclude" it, however the program had already frozen at that point so I force closed it. I then found I didn't have permission to run it... So I tried to delete it, so SystemCare could redownload it... But I didn't have permission to do that either. I didn't even have permission to view my permissions when I attempted to set them manually!!

The whole reason I switched to BitDefender was because my previous anti-virus would still block access to certain files which I knew to be safe, even when I had excluded them or turned the real-time protection off.

I can understand a few warnings to confirm my intentions in order to be safe, however I feel I am at the level to accept that risk to whitelist my own files. It concerns me that, at this moment, I now have no access or control over a file on my own computer, and that it appears your software have superceded my own administrator permissions. I am also concerned this is the direction security software seems to be going in...

I'm using Bitdefender Free AntiVirus on Windows 10 Pro N, with the creators update

Comments

• Hi Dark,

Please reboot your computer and let me know if it persists.

Thank you,