TrafficLight marking ALL ebay auctions as malicious

Latest update June 2017. TrafficLight is marking ALL ebay auctions as malicious. As soon as you click on a specific auction, or even look at an image, TrafficLight blocks it. In Firefox I have no ability to whitelist ebay so I have to turn off TrafficLight to go there.

Why in the world would you block ebay??? And why no whitelisting??

Tagged:

Comments

• That's Strange I recently download the traffic light extension on firefox and I am not getting any issues so far. 

Can you please uninstall and reinstall the file and try again. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/trafficlight/

Try to clear the cache and cookies first. default_happy.png

• jimindt
    edited June 2017

It's still happening. I'm having exactly the same problem when I try to use ebay. ALL are marked as malicious. There's a problem with whatever bitdefender has done in its latest update.

Why would reinstalling a bad update fix anything?

• Same thing is happening to me with Firefox 53.0.3. I don't visit eBay everyday, but I remember a recent update to TrafficLight because now the green light has a white check mark inside it.

The eBay pages with the problem for me seem to be the ones with a text boxes (for qty), or drop down lists to select color/type/style. The pop-up message doesn't say Traffic Light - it says Bitdefender and it tells me that it might be a phishing attempt. For hours I've was trying to figure out when did I ever install Bitdefender on my PC. I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe Tech Support can change the display to "TrafficLight" on the pop-up so we know which security software is sounding an alarm!

• I followed Firdovsi's advice - Firefox - I cleared cache and cookies. Then I uninstalled the TrafficLight add-on, PLUS ALL OTHER ADD-ONS.

I closed Firefox. restarted it. Reloaded Trafficlight.

Same problem !!!

• Hello,

Please provide me with a few examples of URLs (auctions) that get flagged as malicious.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

• This happens with virtually every auction on ebay...

These are just a couple random auctions from simple searches. The only way to see any auction on ebay is to turn OFF TrafficLight! Would be nice if I could just whitelist the site. I purposely chose 2 of these from very high ranked ebay sellers.

moz-extension://2615a1ed-1dca-4c01-b286-975f5a40c3e0/alerts/phish/page_blocked.html?url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-850-EVO-1TB-2-5-Inch-SATA-III-Internal-SSD-MZ-75E1T0B-AM-NEW-SEALED-/322561751954?hash=item4b1a2dbb92:g:aq4AAOSwcB5ZHnTz

moz-extension://2615a1ed-1dca-4c01-b286-975f5a40c3e0/alerts/phish/page_blocked.html?url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TELE-STYLE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-WITH-A-BEAUTIFUL-SANTOS-ROSEWOOD-FINISH/302027635003?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3Ddcb2126c72e94faa9fc56ebbe49b61fd%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

moz-extension://2615a1ed-1dca-4c01-b286-975f5a40c3e0/alerts/phish/page_blocked.html?url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FG800-Acoustic-Guitar-Natural-GUITAR-ESSENTIALS-BUNDLE-/351667118036?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D582a8cc7e4b0eda6d324d07d%26rpp_icid%3D582a8b88e4b06a687ba486df

• Hello,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our test beds. It would seem only Firefox is affected by this.

The issue has been sent to our devs and a fix  will be released in the shortest time possible.

• Still happening here.

• Just to verify... YES this is still an issue and kind of a pain in the... Hope you guys can fix it or whitelist the site or something!

• Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

At this time there is no ETA, will update the thread when a fix is available.

• I use Windows 10 64 bit and 64 bit Firefox. All product offerings on ebay are being flagged as threats.

Is ebay a threat?

If not, will ebay sue Bitdefender for maliciously interfereing with their commerce in an illegal fashion?

• nuraalam
    edited August 2017

test1

• mac firefox on 10.12.6 doing same with ebay . how to white list?

• Hello,

The issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.