Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Update / Firewall Issues

Options

Hi. I just installed the new version of Bit Defender. However, the icon in the taskbar keeps warning me that the program can't update. I think this is due to my firewall. I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and the default Windows Firewall. I set the firewall to allow all the Bitdefender programs I could find (see attached images) but it's still blocked. Is there a specific port (or range) I should be opening up? I do not want to turn the firewall off so please don't suggest that as a solution. 

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_2.png

Comments

• dipu
    edited August 2017
    Options

test

• On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, PaintedGirl said:

Hi. I just installed the new version of Bit Defender. However, the icon in the taskbar keeps warning me that the program can't update. I think this is due to my firewall. I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and the default Windows Firewall. I set the firewall to allow all the Bitdefender programs I could find (see attached images) but it's still blocked. Is there a specific port (or range) I should be opening up? I do not want to turn the firewall off so please don't suggest that as a solution. 

Thanks for your help.

Screenshot_2.png

Why don't you disable Windows firewall to see if problem still persists? ( you know how: services---->Win Firewall-----> disable)

• It appears that even when I disable the firewall the problem still persists. Any advice?

• Rampant
    Options

You quickly solve the problem, if you collect the necessary information and send it to this address bitsy@bitdefender.com

How to create a bdsys: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/total-security/-490.html

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff
    Options

Hello, 

Please do write us at bitsy@bitdefender.com and include a couple of screenshots displaying the update errors. Thank you.

• On 9/13/2017 at 11:05 AM, Marius G. said:

On 9/10/2017 at 11:45 PM, Rampant said:

Thanks for your help. I have sent an email with a log and screenshots. Hopefully, this will solve the problem.