BitDefender blocked a file, then deleted it, quarantine is empty. How to restore?

Where is the quarantine folder on my hard drive? The Threat Defense tells me that the particular file is malware - it is NOT - and it has been blocked - BD blocked it even after I added the folder that the file was in to the exclusions. Then BD managed to delete the file completely AFTER I turned off the AntiVirus and Firewall and then tried to access it. There is an option to open quarantine but that is just empty. How do I restore the file?

Comments

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited October 2017

Hello. Look in the event log, if not there, then you will not be able to recover the file.

2017-10-08_092526.jpg

• Steve Pitts
    edited October 2017

As with most everything in the Bitdefender interface, this isn't easy to find. From the main panel choose View Features and then click on the gear icon on the bottom right hand corner of the Antivirus section. This brings up this dialog in which you can select the Quarantine tab

image.png.e95cbe8b25f80e2c3a4944324003e314.png

• On 07.10.2017 at 1:56 PM, ValDeez said:

Where is the quarantine folder on my hard drive?

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop

• Have same issues and opened my own thread.

Yes you can restore files that are recognized by Antivirus module but not from the Threat Defence module. This is exactly what the OP said! He was talking about Threat Defence not Anti Virus module.

• 10 hours ago, gerald_krutsch said:

He was talking about Threat Defence not Anti Virus module.

Then this here.

2017-10-17_124310.jpg

• 11 hours ago, Rampant said:

Then this here.

2017-10-17_124310.jpg

Sorry /index.php?/profile/39675-rampant/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="39675" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/39675-rampant/" rel="">@Rampant but obwiously you don't read carefuly enough what the problem is. The OP (and I) stated that Threat Defence blocks an app and afterwards deletes the file (or it say it quarantines it). If this is the case, you will not find ANY posibility to get your files back! That option is only awailable if your AV module finds something suspicious.

The prerequisites of adding something to the Whitelist are, that the file is still there ;).