BDAV+ & fall creators update

Hi,

I did a clean install of the new Windows 10 fall creators update last night & after I had installed all my programs I then installed my Bitdefender AV+ & then rebooted after it had installed, I then started the first update & rebooted when it asked for a PC reboot. The problem is the bitdefender icon in the system tray is red for 1 second after it appears & then greys itself out. Hovering thew cursor over the icon says that bitdefender services are not responding or working, restart the PC & if problem persists to contact bitdefender support. Double clicking the icon to open the main UI shows that the PC is protected. After about 5 minutes the icon then turns red.

Is Bitdefender AV+ compatible with the fall creators update & is my PC not protected? I have tried using add remove programs to reinstall it but it then changes to internet security. I have also uninstalled it & then run the bitdefender uninstall tool after the reboot & then reinstalled with the setup file downloaded from  bitdefender central but the icon is still grey for about 5 minutes after a reboot.

bitdefender.JPG

Comments

• BanziBaby
    edited October 2017

No one has any ideas if this is normal from bitdefender? It didn't to this with the previous creators update. I have also noticed that when web protection is set to scan SSL I get a lot of blank pages in chrome, turning scan SSL off solves the issue.

• Hello,

I would recommend doing a fresh reinstall of the application and uninstalling any other security solutions from the machine.

• Hi Sorin,

I have already done a fresh install of my AV+ & I have also tried the add remove programs - bitdefender - reinstall as well but as I mentioned in original post that just changed my AV+ to Internet security. no other security software was install at the time.

• Hello,

Please let me know what build of Bitdefender are you currently running on your machine.

• Hi,

Bitdefender AV Plus 2018 build 22.0.13.169

• Guess it´s the same Problem I reported October 17th: "After installing "cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676)" BD Symbol in task bar gets grey and program does not work properly. Reproduced the error by resetting to older version temporarily. Symbol was red again. Problem persists after update."

• disable windows defender.

• Hello,

Please let me know if you open the main Bitdefender interface if the product is functioning as indented while the system tray shows as gray.

I believe you have the same visual glitch as in :

/index.php?/topic/77522-bitdefender-services-are-not-responding/&do=embed" style="overflow: hidden; height: 208px; max-width: 502px;">

• Hi,

I have done a fresh install of the fall creators update & installed Bitdefender AV+ after I had installed drivers, the icon is now red all the time. I don't know why it was greyed out after installing it after my programs the first time, there were no other security programs installed before Bitdefender was installed. Bitdefender UI said that everything was ok despite the tray icon being grey.

So the issue is now resolved in my case, thanks for the replies.