ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE - Google Chrome / LAN WAN SSL TLS

Hello,

Since 19 October the free version is, sadly, useless. Random lan / wan sites are blocked and a lot of SSL sites unable to load (in Google Chrome we have this error "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"). If you uncheck the "Protection Shield" all connections are made again correctly.

If you uninstall the antivirus and after that you install it again, everything will work perfectly until first bitdefender update is automatically installed.

So, keep in mind, the issue came from a bad definition or something like that.

Until 19 October all connections were made correctly (lan, wan, ssl, tls, etc.).

Thank you in advance !

Andrei

Comments

• Hello,

Please proceed with a reinstall of the application, ensure that all browsers are closed during all this.

• Hi,

I am having the same issue for the last couple of days. I opened a ticket (2017102121360002) with all the relevant details and tests I had done. I have reinstalled Bitdefender but as the OP said, once it updates the problem comes back. I have seen these problems on two separate computers, at two separate locations (ie completely independent from one another).

Please can you fix this. For now I'm turning the protection on/off as required to access sites (or parts of sites) but this is not ideal.

Version: 1.0.9.38

Engine:  7.73554

• Is there any further news on this issue and when a resolution can be expected?

This is clearly and issue with Bitdefender, and not an issue with individual installations, based on the wide and varied number of people having the same issues.

I don't mind turning protection on/off to do things while a fix is implemented, but the problem is becoming increasingly more frustrating so I'd like to know if a fix is imminent or not.

• OMG! I signed up just to comment here. This ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE problem has been driving me NUTS for weeks! Chrome is my default browser, and at first I thought it was due to a Chrome version update or maybe even an internet provider or dns issue. Decided to try Firefox as my default browser. Lo & behold, zero problems. Maybe it WAS an internet problem but it's now ok? Back to Chrome and to poorly loading pages (for the problem was just not in the frequency of a site first displaying ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE and then loading, but some sites would load just text.) 

At this point I was didn't think that Chrome was the culprit. Next, I disabled Bitdefender. ZERO problems - YAY! Did some googling, found this thread.

Adios Bitdefender!