Add an option to pause protection on taskbar icon

This is 1 feature every other security provider have but you and i dont get it.

Please add an option to pause the entire protection for X period of time on taskbar, its a pain to have to enter the application every time i need to pause it for a while.

Comments

• I agree with downloadkct 100%, Why is it every other internet security program company has this feature but Bitdefender does not? I went in to the program to disable the firewall and it still stays enabled unless I disable the firewall and then reboot. So in my experience there is no way to accomplish this task without disabling and rebooting and then re-enabling and then re-booting. I sometimes wonder how out of touch software developers can be with the audience that they are catering to.

• This is exactly why I came to the forums... to see if anyone had requested this before. I am amazed BitDefender does not have this option in the tray icon's rightclick menu. Almost every other antivirus program has it, but not BitDefender.

My previous antivirus, Kaspersky, had such an option. Sometimes I needed to temporarily pause the antivirus protection and by using the tray icon's rightclick menu this could be quickly and easily done. However, with BitDefender I actually have to open the application and go into the antivirus settings before I can temporarily disable the antivirus protection.

So, please add this option to the tray icon's rightclick menu.

(to be honest, the lack of this option is seriously making me considering switching back to Kaspersky because I regularly need it)

• Another vote for this feature to be added.

• MrDoh
    MrDoh
    edited October 2017

I agree, this would be very useful. Had expected to see this, too, but not there.

• Yes, such a feature is definitely needed.

• +1 vote to this feature

• +1 vote for this feature to be added ... :rolleyes:

• saltino
    edited November 2017

At first time, I was'nt belive that your company was negligent about this option, so simply, usefull and widespread on market!!!

+10000000 vote for this feature to be added ...

I presume of resell quickly your license product to other person, responded anytime to any person that askme help about AV or FW.. wich install other product that have this basical features

• As a matter of fact, I have now switched to ESET. I got tired of having to go into the settings to temporarily disable the antivirus and ESET is also a good antivirus which *does* have the right-click disable option. :)

• Great suggestion. I hate having to go individually and shut down every feature, pain in the butt.

• Agree with this request.

• Agree--it could make or break an installation!