Total Security 2018 - Paranoid mode not working after restart

kamikaze_88
edited October 2017 in Protection

Upgraded to 2018 from 2016, did uninstall- install. After each PC restart paranoid mode does not work. Only way to get it to work is to turn off firewall(which turns off paranoid mode if on) then turn  firewall+paranoid mode back on, until I restart again which makes it not function, even though it is on. :(

Win 7 SP1 x64

24Gb ram

AMD phenomII x6 @ 4ghz

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2017

40 minutes ago, kamikaze_88 said:

Upgraded to 2018 from 2016, did uninstall- install. After each PC restart paranoid mode does not work. Only way to get it to work is to turn off firewall(which turns off paranoid mode if on) then turn  firewall+paranoid mode back on, until I restart again which makes it not function, even though it is on. :(

Win 7 SP1 x64

24Gb ram

AMD phenomII x6 @ 4ghz

Hey! Have you tried doing a reinstall from Control Panel?

You can go to Control Panel

> Programs and Features

> Look for Bitdefender Total Security in the list.

>Right-Click on Bitdefender Total Security, then on the drop-down menu select uninstall

>After the uninstaller comes on your screen you will be prompted to select to either reinstall or remove Bitdefender.

>Select Reinstall

After the uninstall finishes you will be prompted to reboot your PC. After your PC restarts the installation process will start automatically.

• kamikaze_88
    edited November 2017

On 10/25/2017 at 8:48 PM, Alex D. said:

Hey! Have you tried doing a reinstall from Control Panel?

You can go to Control Panel

> Programs and Features

> Look for Bitdefender Total Security in the list.

>Right-Click on Bitdefender Total Security, then on the drop-down menu select uninstall

>After the uninstaller comes on your screen you will be prompted to select to either reinstall or remove Bitdefender.

>Select Reinstall

After the uninstall finishes you will be prompted to reboot your PC. After your PC restarts the installation process will start automatically.

I have tried this, and done several uninstall, re-installs. Did windows update to make sure I have the latest updates, the tried re-install again. Nothing is working. I was in contact with bitdefender support via email, and after sending my last email containing report from support tool there is no more communication from them.

If this is going to continue I will sadly no longer renew my license after being a customer since bitdefender 2009

• I also think not to renew my license because they are now not able since MONTH to fix the paranoide mode.

On every restart you have to de-activate and activate it again and then he is asking for ALL already allowed connections again.

Its frustrating....