Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Wallet with WaterFox browser

Options

So I finally gave up with FireFox browser because addons and themes which I use are blocked by successive updates.

My chosen replacement is WaterFox which is the same great Mozzila without the stupid restrictions which Firefox are now making.

However, the BD Wallet isn't installed ... Is there a way to either include WaterFox in the BD product (I understand if not) or, perhaps some information on manual installation ... I don't see any reason why the firefox extension wouldn't work with WaterFox.

Comments

• Just to note ... my Waterfox is 64bit and it may be that BD wallet has not caught up with the old 64bit technology yet ?!

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The Wallet has full support for 64 bit browsers.

Waterfox may be based on the Firefox platform but its not the same browser as a result the Wallet may not work under it.

At this time Wallet has full support for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and SafePay.

• Hi Sorin G,

Thanks for your response.

I seems a shame that all of my other addons/extensions work in Waterfox but, as yet, not BD Wallet.

I was going to investigate further to see if I could install the wallet under Waterfox so I reinstalled Firefox Quantum (v57) to check a few things;

Surprisingly, at this time, Bitdefender doesn't detect that the new Firefox (v57.0.1 Quantum 64bit) has been installed so I can't flip the switch to install the BD Wallet extension in Firefox! However, if I manually make the Firefox extensions registry changes as the BD Wallet install would, the wallet appears and works.

This doesn't make much difference to me now because the latest Firefox broke so many other addons/extensions that I have no choice and will  use Waterfox where all of the "old" extensions work perfectly.

I'm not going to bother investigating any further with BD Wallet because I discovered KeePass which is an excellent replacement that works also in Waterfox.

Thanks anyway.

screenshot.jpg

• Ok, so I lied a little when I said I won't investigate further because I was on my other computer and was about to go through the KeePass install when I took a few mins for a quick investigation.

At the moment I found a way to install BitDefender Wallet extension in WaterFox and it seems to work very well (at the moment! ... BD Wallet updates would have to be installed manually as it is unsupported by Bitdefender so I guess if it stops working because of a Bitdefender updates, I'd have to look again)

If anyone is interested I can share details.