Application Quarantined everytime

I have been working with an addition to Blender called Armory3D. This makes use of Kha and Haxe and KodeStudio. I tried this application in the last couple of days and BitDefender 2018 Total Security quarantines all related files and the Blender.exe itself.

I cannot find any suggestion that there is a problem with Armory3D. I would appreciate it if it could be confirmed that BitDefender is justified in it's action - Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

Can you please tell me what is the detection name ? You should have a event notification with that information.

Have you tried adding the application and the folder to the exclusion list ?

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2121/

• Hi

The detection is Gen.Atc4.Detection.

Blender 2.79, 2.79.1 and 2.80 all work without a problem. Armory3D can be run as an integrated Blender 2.79 build or as an addin for a standard Blender 2.79 build. In both cases Blender starts up ok. It is when a ****** is edited with Kode Studio. This in turn I believe calls Haxe and then Blender crashes and the quarantining begins. Many of the files quarantined are Python 3.5 runtimes and the Blender.exe is also quarantined.

I have tried it on a PC which has newly added Avast Free AntiVirus and it runs ok.

I hope the above is helpful ...

Regards

Clive

• avast is a bad example to work with as most options are now paid rather than free. it allows malware to hound your pc.

• Hi Lev

Better than nothing  - it's a backup PC off the network - I hope I can get the application back on a mainstream PC soon ...

• Hello,

If you added exclusions as per my previous advice and the issue persist please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com

Please also provide them with step by step reproduction steps and a sample of the detected files. Please ensure the samples are under an archive with a password.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1939/

• Hi

After excluding the application from Antivirus and Advanced Threat Defense it won't run.

I am getting the same Gen.Atc4.Detection on other applications I use.

For the time being I will abandon BitDefender - maybe I'll try it again in the future ...

• On 12/4/2017 at 6:08 PM, tech-22 said:

I have been working with an addition to Blender called Armory3D. This makes use of Kha and Haxe and KodeStudio. I tried this application in the last couple of days and BitDefender 2018 Audacity Find My iPhone Origin         Total Security quarantines all related files and the Blender.exe itself.

I cannot find any suggestion that there is a problem with Armory3D. I would appreciate it if it could be confirmed that BitDefender is justified in it's action - Thanks

have tried it on a PC which has newly added Avast Free AntiVirus and it runs ok.

I hope the above is helpful