Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

protected folders and onedrive

Options
brihy1
edited December 2017 in Protection

Bitdefenders protected folders conflicts with onedrive.When the desktop is in the protected folders(is by default)and i restart my laptop i get cant find onedrive folder and i have to setup onedrive. Should fix this

Comments

• I opened up bitdefender gui and said needed to restart for an update,so i restarted.Upon startup got couldnt find your onedrive folder(from windows) and had to setup onedrive AGAIN and sync all of my folders.This really needs to be looked into and fixed.

• I found this posted on the microsoft forums about bitdefender and onedrive,ill try it and see if it helps because im not going to keep re syncing my whole onedrive

Bitdefender you need to look into it and fix it

onedrive warning in windows 10 who use bitdefender 2018 

in protection features/safe files make sure you have protection at boot OFF.  i learned the hard way!  having this on disrupts onedrive when booting up your machine.  what happens is when you boot up your machine it says it cannot connect to your onedrive, it keeps popping up multiple windows to sign in to it and multiple windows of onedrive file explorer. it goes on and on until you select to sign in to onedrive yourself and wants to start onedrive all over again as if you are setting up for the first time. then you have to wait for all your files and folders to sync online and go green and then when you reboot/start your machine the whole thing start all over again! having safe files protection at boot off and you will not get any more problems.
  • garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

brihy1:

Thank you for posting that information.  That used to occur to me all the time on my laptop, and I could not figure out the cause.  When I upgraded to 2018 BDTS months ago, the problem disappeared.  The next time that I have my laptop on, I check the "Safe Files: Protection at Boot" switch to make sure that it is off.  I just checked my main desktop computer and that switch is OFF.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor