BD is causing PIA to crash

2»

Comments

• 16 minutes ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

The issue should no longer persist in build : 22.0.17.205

Please note the update requires a reboot to take effect.

Thank you for the update. I look forward to giving it a try tonight, and hopefully everything is resolved.

• The update works for me, PIA and BD are finally compatible.

• Laurel Valley
    edited February 2018

I know this thread was started regarding PIA. However, I would like to let BD personnel know that I am experiencing similar dropped connection problems using BDIS 2018 Build 22.0.18.224 with Windscribe VPN. I really like BDIS and would like it to have full functionality when I am using Windscribe VPN. The only way I can keep Windscribe VPN up and running without any disconnects is to turn the BDIS 2018 Firewall OFF completely. I tried turning off the BDIS Firewall Stealth Mode for my Windscribe connection but BDIS turns it back on automatically the next time I reboot my PC.

Please help because both BDIS and the VPN should work together without any problems.

• First, I must apologize to Bitdefender because, in my post above, I really thought Bitdefender was causing the problem. However, that was not the case and I solved my problem after many hours of analysis working with multiple vendors. The problem was with my router settings. For those who might have a similar problem of random disconnects when using a VPN, I had to lower my MTU size so it would not fragment the data packet and I had to open my NAT filter.

This discussion has been closed.