Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't reinstal BitDefender Free - Says product is already running

Options

It seems another update has broken my Bit Defender again, Win 7 64 Pro. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but now when I try to install it says Product is already running. So somehow I'm left without protection and unable to reinstall. When I try to uninstall it says "please wait until current program is being uninstalled or changed." This is after many reboots and attempts.

Looking for a clean uninstall followed by a clean install. It's not working from the Windows Control Panel.

Thanks.

Comments

• SudoHacks
    edited February 2018
    Options

Also I've tried deleting all BitDefender Program Files as well as disabling the ProductAgentService.exe in safe mode. Now when I try to install the first time it said it was preparing my system, but now it just hangs, the only thing that's running seems to be that ProductAgentService.exe. I tried uninstalling the Agent from the Control panel, but it tells me Antivirus is on my system and has to be uninstalled first. But it's no longer appearing in my programs list... Guess it's gotta be registry issues? System thinks it's there but it's not, at least Windows Action Center finally believes I don't have AV... :(

• SudoHacks
    edited February 2018
    Options

Still hoping for some more insight on this. I'm getting nervous without proper AV. 

Also I have another machine that Bit Defender is begging for a reboot. I'm super reluctant though as my client can't afford any downtime on that machine.

The machines I've been having trouble with are Thinkpads W510, and T500 using Win 7 64bit Pro.

What worries me is that I have a lot of clients on similar platforms, and if they all start rebooting in response to the BitDefender prompts they might all end up in reboot freeup limbo.

Thanks.

• Thanks for sharing

cctv iran