Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Install Won't Complete Sign In

Options

I am new to Bitdefender. So far, I'm unimpressed. The installation of Bitdefender Free seems to go well. At the end of the installation routine, the black "Activate Bitdefender" window comes up (see pic below) asking me to SIGN IN TO BITDEFENDER. I click the (blue) button, but nothing happens. The settings gear icon is also dead. The mouse-over button function works (changes color) and X to close the window works. But, that it. Nothing else. I uninstalled, reinstalled and tried again with the same (lack of) results. Sooooo... how do I make this work?

Windows 7, 64-bit. No other antivirus installed.

image.png.510ff8836601d9eebcba9977233c1bef.png

Comments

• What? Why was my post moved from INSTALL & ACTIVATION to MOBILE & ANDROID ANTIVIRUS ???

My issue has nothing to do with Android or mobile phones, and my post clearly states "Windows 7 64-bit".  WTF ???

I'm trying to give Bitdefender an opportunity to impress me enough to become a paying customer. So, far, it's not going well.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hello /index.php?/profile/213542-beachbubba/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213542" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213542-beachbubba/" style="" rel="">@beachbubba ,

It was an unfortunate mistake. My apologies.

You mention having Windows 7, do you have the latest Internet Explorer version? This is a requirement specifically for the sign-in process.

You may upgrade from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx

• I'm a little confused as to whether or not I have the latest version. As seen in the picture below, my current version looks newer (v11.0.96) than the update version (v11.0.49) that link takes me to. Not sure what's up with that.

I looked around and did find a March 09 update. I just installed and will now reboot my computer. I will try installing installation again with the updated IE.

image.png.f3a4c35da733386278e2c32f766fd60d.png

• Rampant
    Options

Turn off the firewall.

• beachbubba
    edited March 2018
    Options

I updated IExplorer. I temporarily disabled my firewall. I installed Bitdefender. Nothing different. I get the ACTIVATE BITDEFENDER screen. I move the cursor over the SIGN IN button, it turns blue but does not respond to my clicks. I open IE and log in to Bitdfender Central, hoping program might recognize the login. Nothing. So, I currently have a Bitdefender installation that doesn't do anything but take up space because it won't activate. What shall I try next?

Bitdefender Central says...

image.png.c8d538f5cf88ad6523c165d031d6379b.png  Yes, I DO have a Bitdefender app installed on my device. (Windows 7 PC)

The program activation screens says...

image.png.26140546d28aae2105c069577df4a72a.png  But, the SIGN IN button doesn't respond to my clicks. Ugh!

• I received an email from the support bot/person stating, "you have an open Customer Care request, ticket no: 2018032221150002, that requires further information from your side to complete. Since we have not heard back from you in a while, please reply to our last e-mail with the necessary information so that we can resolve your issue..."

However, I never received an email requesting information. So, I don't know what information to provide. This issue is going nowhere.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

I've just sent you an email regarding this. Please let me know if you receive it, as it seems you may have missed one or more of our previous emails. Thanks!

• I found the email you sent with the work-around instructions for activating Bitdefender Free. I will give it a try. Thank you.