Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender and Macrium Reflect don't play well

Options

I have Win7 64 and am using Malwarebytes and Bitdefender (quite happily) - both configured to ignore each other so no conflict.

I use Macrium Reflect as backup software - version 6 works fine with everything.  Version 7.1 just installed - now BD will not start (no error, just does not appear).  Trying to enable Protection from UI is not possible (error from BD).  Have contacted Macrium - they suggest it may be because version 7 of their software uses a Guardian feature that may not work well with BD.  Any suggestions as to how to keep using BD?  Would you work with them to figure out a fix?  I have a ticket number if so...

Comments

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

I'd suggest trying to reinstall Bitdefender as first troubleshooting step. And yes, please post the ticket ID as well. Thank you!

• Morph
    Options

OK. I removed BD completely - all is working again.  I'll reinstall and see what happens.  Ticket number is 20869.

• Morph
    edited March 2018
    Options

OK - update.  I reinstalled fresh (after disabling Malwarebytes and quiting any systray apps) and mid way through the installation it popped a dialog box saying grpconv.exe could not run because it was incompatible with the 64 bit OS etc etc.  Clicked OK and it installed fully. Rebooted and now the system runs like a dog.  Just logging in (after typing password) takes 3 mins and the desktop takes 5 mins to appear. Starting any app (e.g. from Control Panel) takes 1-2 mins. Obviously not usable, so uninstalling BD for now.

• AZ Mountain Geek
    edited March 2018
    Options

Am having a similar problem - same config Win 7 64 bit, Macrium Reflect 7.1 (using Image Guardian), and the latest BD Free.  Frequently BD Free doesn't start at boot. This has been happening sporadically for some time - usually a reboot will get BD working, but today it doesn't. If I start BD manually I get the 'System is at risk' message from BD.  Attempting to turn protection on from the BD GUI results in the message "Failed to activate protection - Please retry".  If I go into the Macrium Reflect interface and turn off Image Guardian, I still can't start BD Protection Shield, and BD GUI is responding very very slowly. After turning Image Guardian off, did a reboot and BD started normally.  Turned Image Guardian back on and everything appears to be working normally for now.

Am also running BD Free and Macrium Reflect 7.1 with Image Guardian enabled on a Win 8.1 machine and haven't seen any problems.