firefox freezing after installation of BD IS 2015

After I installed BD internet security 2015 I get permanent freezes in Firefox 56.

Until now, FF was working perfectly, without any problems.

Now, it freezes for 1-2 seconds whenever I jump to a new tab or click on a link or start a new page. It is happening practically every 10-30 seconds, so it is awful and not acceptable.

When writing this text here, the editor freezes every about 10-20 characters (for about 30 sec.). I have to wait all the time when writing in FF or browsing the internet.

Until recently I used BD antivirus2013 and was very pleased with it.

Since I updated to this BD internet security 2015, I got a lot of problems.

I tried to deactivate everything except the antivirus part (So: Internet protection, firewall, etc.), but it does not help against these curious and higly disturbing freezes.

Computer: win 7 64 bit, 12 GB RAM, SSD, intel i5 quad core.

Question: can I deactivate in some way everything in BD, except the antivirus , in order to avoid any delays in firefox?
Question 2: can I use a "BD antivirus plus 2015" with a licence of "BD internet security 2015"?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2018

Hello :)

If you wanted to upgrade to the Internet Security 2018 version, may take care of that issue and is probably still an option to be able to do so. I don't think you want to stay to many years behind? /index.php?/topic/76623-how-to-upgrade-to-2018/" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/topic/76623-how-to-upgrade-to-2018/

I'm not sure how it would work as your 3 versions behind, but you would need to get ahold of support with one of the options located towards the bottom of the web page to find out about upgrading to 2018. They would also be able to help you with a downgrade to AV+ if you still wanted to: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Also, if you were to upgrade to 2018, you would be able to get forum support there, as chances are this may be the only response you will get here.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Hi, 

The upgrade to a newer version is your best option at this time. Please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and mention your license key, so that my colleagues can help you move to Bitdefender 2018. 

• I thought that BD is a serious product, with serious support.

It is quite dissapointing to discover that, instead of a technical support, I am pushed through the usual unpleasant selling strategies.

I've solved the matter myself, in the meantime, but I think I won't share it here.

• Hi, 

As long as you have a valid Bitdefender license the upgrade does not imply any additional costs.