Search advisor doesn't work in Chrome

rnuis
edited March 2018 in Protection

I have Bitdefender Total security 2018 installed but my search advisor doesn't work in Chrome. Can you help me please?

Greats

rnuis

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2018

Confirmed on my end, too. On both partitions running Window 10, one with BDIS installed and the other with AV+. In Chrome with Bing search, as well as Google, and FF with Google search.

I'm in Auto Pilot with Search Advisor and scan SSL on.

Everything is up to date, Chrome, BD and Windows 10. Verification of builds submitted just to confirm for BD support.

5abffc691b391_bdbuild.PNG.1fb0f4bc8834d46d7faa045727312ed6.PNG

5abffc83aafb3_chromebuild.thumb.PNG.90c881062622063cdd814a6d91bcccdf.PNG

winbuild.PNG.22f4bef9bfd1b9d60cf205cd3cff8963.PNG

• I know you probably already know this, rnuis, as you've been here for a long time, but the below maybe helpful to others?

Even if the search advisor icons aren't present, we are still secure regarding the web pages we visit by other parts of web protection.

Even though this BD KB article is a test for our AV, it still can be used to confirm our web protection is active. Go to  this link, and  try to download one of the files. You should  (unless  you've included it in your Whilelist) get the BD pop up warning.

5ac008b9e1617_testwebprotection.PNG.05bcfcd244967735407bbb11b5933e90.PNG

• On 1-4-2018 at 12:32 AM, columbo said:

I know you probably already know this, rnuis, as you've been here for a long time, but the below maybe helpful to others?

Even if the search advisor icons aren't present, we are still secure regarding the web pages we visit by other parts of web protection.

Even though this BD KB article is a test for our AV, it still can be used to confirm our web protection is active. Go to  this link, and  try to download one of the files. You should  (unless  you've included it in your Whilelist) get the BD pop up warning.

5ac008b9e1617_testwebprotection.PNG.05bcfcd244967735407bbb11b5933e90.PNG

Thank you for the reply , i hope they will fix this soon.

• Hello, 

For Chrome, please disable the Experimental Quic Protocol if it is enabled:

- type chrome://flags/ in the browser address bar

- search for "Quic" 

- disable it if it is enabled.

For Firefox, please let me know if the site appears to be verified by Bitdefender when searching on Google:

- press the lock icon next to the URL from the address bar

- press the arrow > next to the URL in the small window that popped up

- check if it mentions Verified by Bitdefender.

Thank you!

• Hi Sergiu,

Thank you for your help. You're solution for Chrome worked in disabling Quic. Mine was set on Default, and when I checked disable, I am now getting the Search Advisor icons with Google search, but not with Bing. The certificate is there in Chrome, Valid BD Personal CA.Net-Defender, in Bing and Google search.

The same is for FF, it is now working with Google, but not with Bing. I've confirmed the Bitdefender certificate and it is there, Verified by: Bitdefender, in FF for both Bing and Google.

• Hello, 

We have internal reproduction with regards to the Bing search. It's a recent issue, and we're investigating to see what's causing it. We haven't released an update for this feature so most likely it is related to something changed with the search engine. 

• Thank you for that update. :)  At least you have Google up and running with your work around for me, and hopefully for rnuis and others, too.

It at times has to be a cat and mouse game for BD techs and Advisor and the search engines. You do a patch, they come up with an update.  You do a update for that patch and they create a patch for an update, and on and on  :wacko: :blink:

• On 3-4-2018 at 2:01 AM, Sergiu C. said:

Hello, 

For Chrome, please disable the Experimental Quic Protocol if it is enabled:

- type chrome://flags/ in the browser address bar

- search for "Quic" 

- disable it if it is enabled.

For Firefox, please let me know if the site appears to be verified by Bitdefender when searching on Google:

- press the lock icon next to the URL from the address bar

- press the arrow > next to the URL in the small window that popped up

- check if it mentions Verified by Bitdefender.

Thank you!

Thank you , this realy helpt for this problem:-)