Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall causes internet connectivity issues

Options

This has been going on for a while now, but if I have the firewall turned on, my internet will randomly, though somewhat commonly, disconnect and then take about 20 seconds or so to reconnect. If my connection is out, and I turn off the firewall, the internet connection immediately returns and I have no issues whatsoever until I turn it back on again. I'd like to keep the firewall on for obvious reasons, but I am not sure why it would be doing what it's doing. I am currently running BTS-2018 on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks

Comments

• Andrei M.
    Options

Hello /index.php?/profile/209850-generaldrillhamster/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="209850" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/209850-generaldrillhamster/" id="ips_uid_2322_5" rel="">@GeneralDrillhamster

Please follow the steps below in order to address the reported situation:

1. Open the main interface of Bitdefender 2018, then click on the menu button from the upper left corner of the window.

2. Click on Protection from the left sidebar, then click on View Features.

3. Use the switch to turn the Firewall ON in case it was off, then click on the gear icon under Firewall.

4. Select the Network Adapters tab, and select Home/Office next to the names of your network adapters

5. Now switch to the Settings tab, then click on Edit stealth settings, and turn off this feature for your network adapters.

6. Turn off block port scans in the network 

• I am trying that now. I've also noticed before, and it still seems to continue, that once I hit the gear button from step 3 that the new window is VERY sluggish, sometimes freezing up to 2 minutes before I can click on something new. This seems to be the only screen where this happens. I did wait long enough to at least change the local connection to Home/Office, but I am frozen at this screen now and the internet is currently still disconnecting and reconnecting. I will report back if I can ever get to step 5. 

• GeneralDrillhamster
    edited April 2018
    Options

I was finally able to go through and finish the steps, and as I was trying to send my reply here, the internet access icon got a red X on it and chrome directed me to a "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected. ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED" page. It is currently still connecting/disconnecting as I type this. 

• Through trying to use the firewall settings, I've had to force quit BD twice through task manager and recieved these two errors thus far: 

dmiface.exe application error:

The instruction at 0xdb398041 referenced memory at 0x03817b90. The memory could not be read. 

The instruction at 0xede68041 referenced memory at 0x04e07b90. The memory could not be read.