Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ransomware protection and installing programs

Options

Do I have to deactivate the Ransomware protection before installing a new program? Or Bitdefender is intelligent enough to let go if it find the setup program safe?

Martin

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hello,

The 2nd part of your answer is correct, there is no need to disable Advanced Threat Defense. If there were anything suspicious about the new program file, on access scanning would flag it when you try to open/run it.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

Hi, 

In general I would not recommend disabling the protection when installing any program. If you do have issues with any particular application, you can let us know so that we can test/investigate and provide you with the best solution for that specific case. 

• rglanzer
    Options

OK, so please check the actual installation package for the GO language from GOland official installation package Windows 

The package itself is not reported to have an virus included, but during installation process the file Go\pkg\tool\windows_amd64\pack.exe is reported to be infected with: Gen:Suspicious.Clound.4.nYW@aC3@d!f

After installation when I then try to compile the "Hello World" programm example from the GOland Homepage during compilation the following file: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\go-build187208006\b001\exe\a.out.exe is reported to be infected with: 

Gen:Variant.Razy.308424

• Andrei M.
    Options

Hi,

Please email us at bitsy@bitdefender.com with a sample of the blocked/detected file in a password-protected archive so we can analyze if the detection is a False Positive:

[how to create a password-protected archive]

• rglanzer
    rglanzer
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi Andrei,

attached to this post is the archive file with the pack.exe included. Gmail didn't allow me to sent password protected archive files :-(

Please analyze this for a False Positive.

Thanks in advance. 

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17974" data-fileid="17974" rel="">archive.rar