Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update failed error.

Options

For the last two days I have been getting constant update errors on my main Win10 PC. It reads "update failed, error -2019". I have been using Bitdefender free for about a year without any issues until now.

I thought maybe an uninstall and re-install would fix it, but it will not uninstall with Windows uninstaller, I get an error that the uninstall module failed to load (In a Bitdefender Box). I also tried the Bitdefender uninstall tool downloaded from Bitdefender site. The progress bar moves to the end, and it stalls there. I waited three hours while I ran some errands, and it still had not finished when I returned.  I also tried just re-installing without uninstalling, but that will not run at all.

As a last resort, I re-loaded Win10 from an image I created a month ago. It completed two updates after that, but now I am getting the update errors again. This is very annoying, and I will be even more annoyed if I have to install Windows from scratch (without Bitdefender) to fix this. Any other ideas?

As a side note, I thought maybe it was an issue with the update server, so I checked my wife's laptop, which is also running Bitdefender free. It's updating fine - no errors.

Comments

• Icefire
    Options

I have a friend that is running Bitdefender, free edition,  on Windows 7 Professional and she is receiving the same error.  Also, if she uses Firefox and most websites are being blocked even Amazon.  If she used Internet Explorer, Bitdefender doesn't block websites like Amazon. 

• I have the same problem as William.

For today, 1 June 2018, the date indicated for the "update failed, error -2019" is 1 May 2018.

• Icefire
    Options

Have anyone tried to manually update Bitdefender by downloading the update?

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10690/

Please post if this helps or not. 

• WilliamFM
    edited May 2018
    Options

40 minutes ago, Icefire said:

Have anyone tried to manually update Bitdefender by downloading the update?

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10690/

Please post if this helps or not. 

Yes, I tried that too. I get a message that a Bitdefender program must currentlt be installed, and then it closes. Of course a Bitdefender product IS installed, and I can't get rid of it.

For those that are also having this issue, did it also start yesterday? Or has it been even longer?

• I just tried using Revo uninstaller to remove it. That won't work either.

Does Bitdefender support read these forums? It would be nice to find the answer to this problem.

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    Options

7 minutes ago, WilliamFM said:

I just tried using Revo uninstaller to remove it. That won't work either.

Does Bitdefender support read these forums? It would be nice to find the answer to this problem

I'm looking for an answer, already 10 years)))

• Icefire
    Options

I sent in a ticket to their support. I hope they get back to me soon. 

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Whatever I find, I will post.

•  I thought of doing that, but where it asks for your product, the free version is not listed. I figured no support for the free version was available.

Let us know if you hear anything.

Thanks

• Rampant
    Options

5 hours ago, Icefire said:

I hope they get back to me soon

In Russia they say so, "hope, dies last."

• Icefire
    Options

That site I mentioned above does have support for the free edition. 

It is listed, but it is hard to find. It took me a bit to find it. 

I attached a screen capture of where about it is in the list.

ticket.jpg

• I put in support ticket as well.

• WilliamFM
    edited June 2018
    Options

Support sent me links to an uninstaller that actually works. I have reinstalled Bitdefender, and so far it has updated twice. Will see if it continues to update correctly.

Please try downloading and running one of these tools to uninstall Antivirus Free:

• Icefire
    Options

I had a chance to take a look at one of my friends computer that has this error.  It does look like that Bitdefender got an update on June 1 which was successful.  It then tries to get the same update dated June 1st which causes the error.

I uninstalled Bitdefender, rebooted then ran a program called CCleaner, which removes temp files.  I then defragged the hard drive with Auslogics Defrag. Both programs are free.

I then reinstalled Bitdefender Free Edition and so far the error hasn't appeared. 

Thanks for posting your solution

• Sergiu C.
    Options

This update error appears when the product is trying to download a file that has already been updated. We're still investigating the ultimate cause behind this issue, but a reinstallation normally fixes the issue. 

Should anyone have issues with uninstalling Bitdefender Antivirus Free,  please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and we will investigate the issue and provide you with an appropriate solution. Thank you! 

• 16 hours ago, Icefire said:

Thanks for posting your solution

Your welcome. But apparently Bitdefender has decided to remove my solution. The links to the uninstaller that works are no longer in my post.