Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free 2017 uninstall tool?

Options

Where can I find Bitdefender Free 2017 uninstall tool? 

Comments

• toro
    Options

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

based on observation, if the tool to remove Bitdefender Free 2015 is available in 2017, the uninstall tool for Bitdefender free 2017 will be available here , on this forum , on 2019.

• Sergiu C.
    Options

9 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Hello, 

We do not have  a publicly available uninstall tool for Bitdefender Antivirus Free at this time. Should you encounter issues with removing Bitdefender Antivirus Free please contact us at bitsy@bitdefender.com . Thank you.

• 12 hours ago, Sergiu C. said:

Hello, 

We do not have  a publicly available uninstall tool for Bitdefender Antivirus Free at this time. Should you encounter issues with removing Bitdefender Antivirus Free please contact us at bitsy@bitdefender.com . Thank you.

So the Bitdefender built in uninstaller will REMOVE EVERYTHING COMPLETELY? 

• toro
    Options

7 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

So the Bitdefender built in uninstaller will REMOVE EVERYTHING COMPLETELY? 

I would use Revo Uninstaller to install/ uninstall Bitdefebder Free , or better , create an image before installing and restore that image.

BitDefender is almost 1GB installed, so is very unlikely its own uninstaller would clean everything.

• 8 hours ago, toro said:

I would use Revo Uninstaller to install/ uninstall Bitdefebder Free , or better , create an image before installing and restore that image.

BitDefender is almost 1GB installed, so is very unlikely its own uninstaller would clean everything.

Can I use Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall Bitdefender Free? 

• toro
    Options

I do not know, I used Revo Uninstaller to install and uninstall  BitDefender.

Best solution is to create a restore point before install and restore if you want to remove BitDefender.

Also, you can try the uninstaller from the paid version, it uninstalled Bitdefender free but not sure is clean everything.

• On 5/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, toro said:

I do not know, I used Revo Uninstaller to install and uninstall  BitDefender.

Best solution is to create a restore point before install and restore if you want to remove BitDefender.

Also, you can try the uninstaller from the paid version, it uninstalled Bitdefender free but not sure is clean everything.

What version of Bitdefender Uninstall Tool should I use? The 2018 uninstaller tool? 

• toro
    Options

2018 worked fine for me

• On 5/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, toro said:

2018 worked fine for me

I have to uninstall Bitdefender Free in order to play GTA 5. Even excluded GTA 5 from Bitdefender, Bitdefender still interfered GTA 5 game services. This forum is dead. No support for the free version at all. Bitdefender Free can be one of the best free AV out there if Bitdefender at least give some support for it. I don't know why Bitdefender even wasting their time to make a free antivirus from the scratch if they don't support it at all. 

• toro
    Options

"I have to uninstall Bitdefender Free in order to play GTA 5. Even excluded GTA 5 from Bitdefender, Bitdefender still interfered GTA 5 game services"

What about pausing protection, rather than uninstalling???

• RubberDucky
    edited June 2018
    Options

On 6/3/2018 at 5:33 AM, toro said:

"I have to uninstall Bitdefender Free in order to play GTA 5. Even excluded GTA 5 from Bitdefender, Bitdefender still interfered GTA 5 game services"

What about pausing protection, rather than uninstalling???

I don't have time to turn it off and on when I try to play GTA. I thought excluded GTA 5 from Bitdefender will stop Bitdefender touching anything from GTA 5, but the fact is Bitdefender still interfered GTA 5 after excluded GTA 5 from Bitdefender.  I am going with Kaspersky free this time.  Good bye Bitdefender for now.