Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The best virus in history?

Options

Which do you think are the best viruses in history? My opinion is that 5 of the most widespread viruses were KOH, Stoned, I Love You, Netsky and SObig. What is your opinion? :rolleyes:

Comments

• vladx
    Options

This is simple -> MyDoom.

• Best viruses? Since you are talking only viruses I'll say Win32/Polipos :D

• Best viruses? Since you are talking only viruses I'll say Win32/Polipos :D

I named the topic best virus, instead of naming it "Best malware"... You get the ideea, sorry for the mistake... :rolleyes:

• If we speak about viruses, indead win32.Polipos si very infective. I have to say that w32.Jeefo is also very spread.

In the Worms category, I would say that Win32.Netsky, Win32.Bagle, and Win32.Sobig are very spread.

If we speak about the old DOS viruses, my opinion is that KOH, Stoned (BOOT sector viruses), Jerusalem and CIH were very spread. It was even well known that when Stoned was first "released", a quarter of all the virus infections in the world were caused by Stoned.

What about trojans? What do you think?

• vladx
    Options

Well in trojans category, i say the Zlob and Trojan.Downloader families.

• rejzor
    Options

Well, one of the most sophisticated are certanly polymorphic file infectors like Polipos, Zmist and a like.

All the versions of MyDoom and Beagle are just lame mass made buggy variants mass replicated and slightly modified by ****** kiddies.

• pykko
    Options
    Well, one of the most sophisticated are certanly polymorphic file infectors like Polipos, Zmist and a like.

All the versions of MyDoom and Beagle are just lame mass made buggy variants mass replicated and slightly modified by ****** kiddies.

right. ;)

But thanks God polymorphic viruse weren't widely spreaded with little exceptions.

I think Netsky an Beagle are the most spreaded

• Hmm... That's true. There aren't too many polymorphic viruses out there. However, many of them use encryption techniques, although not that eficient as a polymorphic engine. It is easy xor'ing each byte of the code with a random value, but a good AV can search for the decryptor, which is the same in every copy, making the encryption useles. ;) Polymorphic viruses are far more nasty then the regular ones, because, basically, they create a new different copy of them, they change the decryptor as well, thay can even change the way it is encrypted and decrypted. They could replace a "xor" instruction with any other instruction, and, unforunately, most of the times, only heurisitc algorithms can detect this kind of malware. Thank God there aren't too many virus writers who implement polymorphic engines! ;)

Andrei