How to disable Auto pilot in 2019 product?

Comments

• Bill_k
    edited July 2018

My understanding is that Autopilot is now the default mode in BD 2019, I'm not sure that it can be disabled as was possible in previous versions. :unsure:

From their 2019 product announcement: "With the 2019 line, Bitdefender adopts a more pro-active role as your Security Advisor, a completely new approach to Autopilot technology that evolves from the silent partner that takes care of things to a security advisor that helps users discover how they can benefit from additional security features depending on their specific needs."

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

2 hours ago, Rin2 said:

What exactly would you like to disable?

• With auto pilot on bitdefender does not notify when threats detected on previous versions.

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

On 7/20/2018 at 3:18 PM, Rin2 said:

With auto pilot on bitdefender does not notify when threats detected on previous versions.

That is true for the 2018 product.

For 2019, autopilot is simply an advisor that tells you which settings should be turned on for you to get full protection.

• bdl
    bdl ✭✭✭

In 2019 it is default 

• Just installed IS 2019 and I see there is no possibility at all to turn of the autopilot, I do not want bitdefender to decide what is allowed on internet or not, same old problem with every new version of bitdefender.

Just let the buyer decide wat to do with the programs he uses.

Some programs are not allowed to go on the internet because they have sensitive information but auto pilot does allow them anyway

Is there realy now option to shut down autopilot?

• /index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="93771" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/" rel="">@Hoss1310 - As explained in previous posts in this thread Autopilot in BD 2019 has a different function than in previous releases, which simply advises you of features which it recommends you use. It cannot be disabled although you can choose to ignore its recommendations. You can still control which programs are granted or restricted internet access by various settings for its protection modules.

• 1 hour ago, Bill_k said:

/index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="93771" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/" rel="">@Hoss1310 - As explained in previous posts in this thread Autopilot in BD 2019 has a different function than in previous releases, which simply advises you of features which it recommends you use. It cannot be disabled although you can choose to ignore its recommendations. You can still control which programs are granted or restricted internet access by various settings for its protection modules.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My English is not that good so it took me a while before I figured out how I works.

Now I found it, firewall/settings/enable warning mode and now I'm in control again

Thanks again

• 2 hours ago, Hoss1310 said:

My English is not that good so it took me a while before I figured out how I works.

Now I found it, firewall/settings/enable warning mode and now I'm in control again

Thanks again

Your English is fine and I'm happy to help! :) Glad that you were able to get BD setup to meet your needs. 

• On 8/2/2018 at 4:47 PM, Bill_k said:

/index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="93771" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/93771-hoss1310/" rel="">@Hoss1310 - As explained in previous posts in this thread Autopilot in BD 2019 has a different function than in previous releases, which simply advises you of features which it recommends you use. It cannot be disabled although you can choose to ignore its recommendations. You can still control which programs are granted or restricted internet access by various settings for its protection modules.

This is correct. The Autopilot has essentially turned into an Advisor. Previously, enabling the Autopilot would modify certain settings to their default values, one of them is the one mentioned below. 

On 8/2/2018 at 6:24 PM, Hoss1310 said:

Thanks again

• Sergiu C,

If "Autopilot" is now merely an advisor rather than the decision maker it was previously, perhaps it would have been better to give it a new name and use a new icon in the system tray rather than the old Autopilot airplane overlay.

Doing this would certainly save time and prevent misunderstandings by your users (I wasted  2 hours researching this because I logically assumed Autopilot 2019 did what Autopilot 2018 did) and it would will clearly help BD support staff by reducing the number of posts / bugs raised unnecessarily.

• The same here ... 2 hours wasted for searching Autopilot.....

This discussion has been closed.