Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender components seem to be turned off

alisonp
edited July 2018 in Protection

I'm running Internet Security 2018 on a Windows 7 laptop, and am disturbed to see that the "Solve PC issues" flag in the system tray has a red "x" by it.  The "important messages" are "Click to see antispyware programs", "Turn on Bitdefender Antivirus" and "View firewall options".  BD Antispyware is shown as off (as is Windows Defender), and although I've tried to reinstate it nothing happens.  I've clicked to turn the antivirus on, and to turn on BD Firewall.  I've launched BD itself, which has just updated, and tells me my device is protected.  AutoPilot had been switched off, though, and I've had to switch it on again.  The "important messages" are still showing in the system tray.

Should I be worried about the conflicting information provided by Windows and by Bitdefender?  I was blithely assuming that I was fully protected, but am now starting to wonder ...

Comments